Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 05 silverado 5.3 with the 4l60e and i have been reading for a month that the 4l80e with out a doubt is way better than the 4l60e and i am trying to figure out what parts im going to need for this swap because my trans is on its way out....i know for a fact i need a new cross member but can i just take one off off a 2500 or do i need to buy a custom built one ect...and would like help with all the other parts that are needed

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
matttrow6969 said:
does anyone know anything on this site or is it all just to post nonsense
I had 265k on my 4l60 before it crapped and my friend has 310 on his 2500hd and his 4l80 has been rebuilt twice.. there's never any certainty when it comes to transmission life... both of our trucks run the same kind of fast paced torture... 1000miles a week minimum often towing 3-6000lbs

4l80 is a much more expensive headache... it's likely you could buy a high end reman 4l60 built with superior to oem parts for what it would even cost to have a 4l80 rebuilt...

You'll need a tcm flash to recognize the transmission... I don't think the harness is the same...

Save some money and look in to a 4l65e? They put those in the silverado ss... proven tougher than the regular ole 4l60e

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.