Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Silverado 1500. Bought Reese no drill custom 5th wheel mounting rails/mounting brackets having trouble with the front drivers side where the 2 straps that hold the front of the mount to the frame.The video shows releasing the 2 brake line from the top of the frame and making room to slide the strap up along the frame.Try as I may the lines are still in the way. Contacted Reese and tec said never heard of that kind of trouble, I stated well it doesn't work to which he replyed then drill a hole in the frame and fish a bolt through like the back of the mount. Anyone ever did this mount and had trouble the tec on the video did it with out missing a lick. Iv'e done some wrenching enought to know something about it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not very computor savy. If you go on E-trailer.com and under 5th wheel hitches part no.RP50064-58 there is a video on that page for 2011 Silverado, very well made but doesn't work like it shows.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm running a fifth wheel but I didn't install it. I would look at mine but it was a drill kit.

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.