Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 chevy 1500 z-71 off road with the 6.2. Does anyone know of someone near southern minn that does tuning for you,, looking to be able to run reg gas. Any help would be great..

·
Registered
541 Posts
Can't help you about tuning locally, but I got the Diablo Intune with custom tuning and it really woke up the truck. A guy on here is a vendor and does the custom tuning. Search for Intune or Diablew. Lots of good info. Welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Yes, I can definitely get you hooked up....

The diablosport inTune or Trinity would both work for your vehicle...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a reduced cost so you'd save some $$. ;)

You can find info about them, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com and http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... tune wise, the tunes are the same. adjustable parameters are the same, and of course my custom tune would be the same as well... the trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield...

A lot of people like the inTune better - because it's smaller (it's the size of a credit card), they don't need or want the extra features, and it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/export tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want... if you don't want/need the extra features/bell-n-whistles, then you can go with the inTune - and it's less expensive...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/Trin ... Manual.pdf

inTune user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/inTu ... Manual.pdf

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc...

As far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play... so there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39hp, and 10-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...

=============

Process:

You'd purchase the package deal ( http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html )... I receive the order and payment... I submit the order to my supplier and the programmer ships from them directly to you - if I receive the order before 6pm Eastern Time, it would ship out the same day and you would usually receive it in a couple days - it depends on where you live... It could be 1 day, it could be 5 days...

You receive the tool... the first thing you would need to do is update it to all of the latest updates... once all the updates are done and complete, then you are ready to connect it to your vehicle and select one of the preset tunes -- either the 87 Octane Tune if you use 87/89 octane gas most of the time, or the Diablo Tune if you're going to use 91 octane gas or higher all the time -- and then select Install Tune...

the tool will first save the copies of your original backup stock tune files in itself, and then it will continue and install the performance tunes you selected.

once the install is done, then you're good to go with the preset tune.

You'd drive a few days or so until you get at least about 150 miles put on the tune, and then you'd be ready to record the first steady driving data log. And I have info/instructions for how to do everything, so no worries there....

Once you have the data log done, then, you'd connect the tool back up to your computer... get copies of the original backup and last tune written files, and the data log, copied from the programmer to your PC, then you email me the files, with your vehicle info - year, model, engine, any mods done to it, etc... I create you a custom tune file and then email it back to you... I can usually have the first initial tune done and sent back to you within 24-48 hours.

you import the custom tune file into the tool... then connect the tool to your vehicle and select the custom tune to install, then install the tune...

you drive however you normally do for a couple/few days until you've put on at least about 150 miles so that the fuel trims and such have been relearned by the ECM and have settled in.. then you are ready to record another steady driving data log for me...

you do that, then send me the log file... I make fine-tuning adjustments to the custom tune, and make you an updated custom tune file, send it to you, you import it to the tool, install to the vehicle, put on the miles, etc etc...

and once the part-throttle normal driving stuff is all dialed in and looks like it should, then we move on to the WOT fun! haha.. I have you do a WOT data log for me, I go through it, make any needed adjustments to WOT fueling/timing, send you an updated tune, you install it.. get me a new WOT data log to check, etc... once everything all looks good, you're good to go.

so that's the scoop...

·
Registered
175 Posts
So with these multiple logs and back and forth emailing, does that cost just the $135? Or do you charge the fee for each log and email? Just wondering. Seems like a lot of work on your part for the one time cost. Once the snow is gone here I'll seek your services.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
if the tune is for 87/89 octane, then putting in e85 or 91+ octane will not hurt anything..

if the tune is for 91+ octane and you put in only 87/89 octane gas, you don't want that.. because the timing is set higher for 91+ octane gas, so you'd need to use at least 91 octane gas all the time.. and using a lower octane can cause knocking/pinging.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a tune through BlackBear Performance, can't say enough good things about those guys. Had several different tunes over the last couple years and have always been satisfied.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Go with Lew and the InTune. I have a 6.2 with 120k on it, and he's been great with all my tunes. I tow primarily, and it has really given the truck another level of responsiveness and grunt, as well as improved shifts and MPG.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just registered here but have to say after all of the research I have done it looks like I'll be getting a tune from Lew as well. I want to delete my muffler and add a CAI and 90MM TB before I do it though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2013 half ton 6.2 and lew just finished up my custom tune. Lew is the man and definitely worth the already low cost of service. Can't say enough good things. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Idryfly5 said:
I have a tune through BlackBear Performance, can't say enough good things about those guys. Had several different tunes over the last couple years and have always been satisfied.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Doesn't get any better than those guys!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.