Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 2020 Silverado 3500HD on Saturday and made the drive north about 400 miles, put a few on it driving around the city. We don't buy these for fuel economy, averaged 15.1 over the first 500. These miles consisted of city driving and Alaskan highway(generally two lane) with hills anywhere from 1-7% grade, highway average 65 mph. All and all I'm happy with the purchase, transmission shifts at just the right time and very smooth, contrast to my old 6.0 with the 6 speed transmission that seemed to either gain or lose speed up hills. The engine was very good with a surplus of power and did not need to shift much on hills. I've read that it wasn't a set you in the back seat when the pedal is pressed, true but was a very smooth roll up to cruising speed. I can't wait for spring to throw the 5th wheel on the back and see what it will do with a load.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good looking truck and garage.
Thanks for the update on the 6.6. It's always good to hear positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing more about your experiences w/ the truck.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Good review.. and sweet truck! I didnt expect that sort of mpg with a 3500 gasser in the rolling hills.

Is that the crew cab with a standard bed?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bradley21sanders said:
Good review.. and sweet truck! I didnt expect that sort of mpg with a 3500 gasser in the rolling hills.

Is that the crew cab with a standard bed?
Thanks, it is a full crew cab with the 8ft bed. I get the long bed for a couple of reason. I haul plywood, Sheetrock and stud length material often and then the other is very rarely do people want to borrow it cause it's to big, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Looks good with it vs a short bed for sure, I could tell it looked longer but the angle was throwing me off as to how much longer it really was.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bradley21sanders said:
Looks good with it vs a short bed for sure, I could tell it looked longer but the angle was throwing me off as to how much longer it really was.
A different angle, will get some more later, about a week when my running boards arrive

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1100 miles and very pleased with the purchase. Staying around the 15 mpg but it has started to get cold in AK so I have been warming it up for a few minutes each morning. Installed the steps to make it easier to get in and out, also added bling to the tailgate in the form of a blacked out flag with raised lettering that fit in the recessed Chevrolet slots.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Love the tailgate!

I am going to do the same thing. I have the northsky blue truck... I cant decide what color letters to do...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Delrio said:
Love the tailgate!

I am going to do the same thing. I have the northsky blue truck... I cant decide what color letters to do...
Thank you. I just looked at Amazon where I got those ones, they had a picture that had Chrome/silver on a black truck . Looked pretty good and may look nice on that blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your 3500 looks good! Congratulations on the purchase. I just purchased a 2500 long bed last weekend and it's awesome to drive. I keep looking for an excuse to run for an errand.

Every time the wife says something about we might need something, I'm gone in 60 seconds with the new truck. LOL. It was definitely a huge upgrade from my 2013 1500 LT. :p I will be posting some pictures on a different thread once I get a chance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uncoolron said:
Your 3500 looks good! Congratulations on the purchase. I just purchased a 2500 long bed last weekend and it's awesome to drive. I keep looking for an excuse to run for an errand.

Every time the wife says something about we might need something, I'm gone in 60 seconds with the new truck. LOL. It was definitely a huge upgrade from my 2013 1500 LT. :p I will be posting some pictures on a different thread once I get a chance.
Thank you. I came back to Chevy after a couple of years in a Ram, much better ride and had been a Chevy guy since the 1972 I learned to drive on. I'm the same, any excuse to go somewhere...lol. Congrats to you as well and look forward to seeing pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! Any update on how she's treating you as of August 2021?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts