Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I had a weird issue today during rush hour stop and go traffic. Going up hill my truck which is a 2010 Silverado 5.3 capital L with the 6 L 80 E transmission. She went fine through gears 1&2 then felt like it disengaged during 3rd gear. She free Rav for a moment, and I put her in neutral. I slow down enough that when I put back in drive it shifted into second, and continued climbing the hell. When shifting to third, it happened again. I limped into Advance Auto Parts parking lot. The code that came up was p 2771. When backing out of the parking lot, the transmission engaged with a very hard clunk. I cleared the code and it drove home fine. I've had this problem intermittently when it is cold out. I know I have a vacuum leak, which I intend to solve this weekend via smoke machine. Could this be related? Also I did test my 4 by 4 in low and high. Should a dash light come on to tell me I'm in 4x4? Its been awhile since I've had to put her in. I keep the truck in to high mode at all times unless necessary.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.