Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally moved back to Colorado (thank God) where I belong......

I'm on a trip to Indiana stopping in Illinois to pick up my wife's parents. Started out late and drove till about 3am in the mourning stopping in Hays Kansas for a bed and a shower.
It was between 9 & 15 degrees for that portion of the trip. Truck ran fine although I picked up a steady Yellow engine light on the instrument cluster. Owners manual said the light was for the emissions system. Possible causes fuel cap, bad gas, o2 sensor or deeper problem.
So I checked the fuel cap, ran some new gas in it and put in some heavy duty injector/fuel system cleaner. No change in light. When I got to St. Louis I decide to buy a code reader (planed to take the truck into the dealer when I got to my in-laws) so I could have a better idea of what was going on with the truck. I had a total of 9 codes. 3 OBD2 and 6 Engine. All dealing with or related to the emissions system. Truck was off too so I think a couple of those codes had something to do with that.
Long story short I reset all the codes and after a couple of hours of running on the highway none of the codes have returned.

My question is. In setting up the code reader it asked if my truck had "8600 with or without VSES".
I picked with. and cleared the codes.

I Googled 8600 VSES a variety of ways and no answers came up.

Does any body know what 8600 VSES is?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I found out VSES is the Vehicle Stability Enhancement System.
I have a 2011 2500hd Crew 4X4 Denali. How do I know if I have VSES?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive got the VSES. I just didn't know it was the PosiTrac I have.

The code reader display asks:
8600 with VSES 4X4
8600 without VSES 4X4

I now think 8600 is one of the packages that come on the truck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.