Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple quick questions regarding the #15-72267 AC controller used on the 1995 models vs. the #15-72548 used on the 96-98. Does the #15-72267 have similar problems and wiring to the #15-72548? Is it interchangeable?

I found this great How to on the site How To Repair GMC CK Series Trucks HVAC Control Unit and plan to use it to troubleshoot. My 95 suddenly stopped cooling and the AC light doesn't come on. Hoping the wiring diagram in the how to is close enough to find the problem.

I also plan to check the transistor mentioned in this article and wonder if it is the same on the 95. How to fix a 1996-2000 HVAC control module

Thanks in advance for any experience and expertise.

Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were you able to figure this out?

I am having the same issue with my 95 and have the same questions. Zone control no longer works and recirculate and AC buttons do not light up. I wanted to replace the whole unit but have been having trouble finding one. I asked my dealer today and they let me know that they are not able to get a hold of that unit anymore. Therefore, I'd like to try to repair the one I have.

·
Administrator
7,816 Posts
Thread edited.

New members are not permitted to post items for sale until they have a minimum of 20 approved posts.

Also, it is never a good idea to post an email or phone number in any online public forum.

Private transactions should be conducted via PM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made my own harness to swap out the old 95 ac module with a 96 style. If anyone needs one, with or without the rear window defrost, let me know. View attachment 943695
I'm definitely in need of one of these. My current climate control unit doesn't work at all. The only replacement I could track down was one equipped with rear defrost (my truck doesn't have that option). I plugged the new one in hoping for a miracle. It lit up as I turned the lights on but no heat or fan speed control will work. I think I need this harness?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I made my own harness to swap out the old 95 ac module with a 96 style. If anyone needs one, with or without the rear window defrost, let me know. View attachment 943695
I'm definitely interested, having a hard time finding a 96 in Kansas City. How Much to make one for 95, no defrost to 96 with no defrost?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts