Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My brother-in-law has a 97 sierra with 5.3 L 4l60E tranny, 2 weeks ago he blew a tranny line to the rad, lost all the fluid and it started slipping, he replaced the line and refilled it. Drove around fine after that for about a week, he replaced the battery last week , and was unable to get it to shift into 3rd, 1st and 2nd are fine. He lost about a gallon of fluid which leads me to think that its not done for yet. Any ideas

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
You have to take the pan off to get to them. They are attached to the valve body. You will have to get a manuyal to see what the procedure is to check them. I'm sure you will be checking the resistance of them as well as applying voltage to see if they activate.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The shift solenoids tested fine, 20 ohms of resistance each, the closed and opened as they should with compressed air applying voltage, verifyed that all the wireing is fine. We did remove the valve body and found that some of the valves were not moving as they should so after working with it we got them moving again. Now after we re-assembled it we only have 1st gear and reverse. Any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.