Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I'm just needing a little input to some of your guys opinions. I have an 08 Silverado 1500 lt. It curgently has a RC 2 in leveling kit with 17x8 0 offset 4.5 back spacing moto metal wheels with some 33's wrapped around them. My wife is going to let me finally pull the trigger on a lift. But with some restrictions being as I have a 4 year old and will have another, and can't spend a hoopla amount of money. And we all go riding in the truck. I been looking at a trail master 4 inch lift kit which comes with new a arms and new shocks for the rear. What your guys opinions on that kind of lift? Was also looking at a tuff country 4 inch lift as well. Thanks guys.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Those lifts will make alignment a nightmare. If you can get it aligned it will throw the angles way out of wack and cause ball joint and or tie rod wear very fast. You get what you pay for. Especially in a lift kit. It's fair to go with pretty much anyone as far as a 2" level goes. Don't want to go over 2.5 though without doing at minimal a diff drop and new UCA. I'd also highly suggest cross members be added. You are changing the way the truck rides quite a bit. Though not mandatory. A steering stabilizer might also be worth adding. Simply put, those are dangerous kits. Either stick with your RC 2" level or be prepared to spend a bit more for a proper lift. Zone is one of the cheapest kits that is still solid.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Rough country is the most removed lift out there, just search around here a little. It's the basic cheapest lift you can get. Just spend a little extra money upfront and get a quality lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.