Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Ive always had issues with the brake/abs light being on the dash since I got it. Ive got it diagnosed twice and was told it was the computer being the issue. No big deal, ill just get it replaced. I havent had time to get it replaced, so ive just lived with it, but ive noticed recently that sometimes when starting the truck, the lights wont be there, and wont be there the whole drive. but when I start it hours later, the lights are back on (starting it immediately after stopping with lights already off has no effect, they will stay off). Anyone think the problem is actually the computer or something else wrong with it? just want to make sure before I drop $250 on the computer. First image is middle of one day, second image is next morning, only 8 miles.
Hood Air travel Automotive lighting Font Slope
Speedometer Car Vehicle Odometer Tachometer

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,618 Posts
How good are your soldering skills?

The abs module, which is under the truck on the inside of the frame kinda under the drivers door, tend to have cracked solder joints on the board, which can cause that code, along with other abs communication faults.

Corrosion on the board can also cause it though. If it's corrosion your pretty well screwed if it's bad. But the solder you cam fix if you have some experience soldering on circuit boards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How good are your soldering skills?

The abs module, which is under the truck on the inside of the frame kinda under the drivers door, tend to have cracked solder joints on the board, which can cause that code, along with other abs communication faults.

Corrosion on the board can also cause it though. If it's corrosion your pretty well screwed if it's bad. But the solder you cam fix if you have some experience soldering on circuit boards.
I wouldnt say im great at it but ive had my fair share of soldering. Ill have to pull it sometime in the next few days to check the board. Ill bring back an update after I pull it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts