Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from time to time, when i hit the brakes, the ABS kicks in, and its under light braking at low speeds(i.e. in parking lots, driveways, drive through) and on dry pavement. anyone else ahd this? it on a 99 silverado ls z71, thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had the same problem on a 2000 Z71 1500 4x4, found that the right front wheel sensor was bad, replaced it with one from NAPA, cost $43.00. Test sensor with wheel off, sensor unplugged, use a good ohm meter, reading should be at least 350 ohms while turning the axle as fast as you can, the bad one I had read only 200 ohms, the good ones read up to 900 ohms

·
Registered
3 Posts
michiganredneck said:
So from time to time, when i hit the brakes, the ABS kicks in, and its under light braking at low speeds(i.e. in parking lots, driveways, drive through) and on dry pavement. anyone else ahd this? it on a 99 silverado ls z71, thanks!
Yes I have a HD 2500 2001 and mine is staring to do the same. Below 5 mi. hr. and pulls to the left. I check front pads and they are in good shape. My luck the abs mod. under the cab is going bad.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had the same thing on my '98 last year. Turned out to be dirty abs sensors on the front wheels. Clean them with Brakleen or take it in and have them cleaned by your mechanic before you start replacing things. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts