Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's what I thought too. But I've found several threads like this:

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/arch ... 61932.html

I can never seem to narrow down a year...this thread seems to be talking about an 03.
I have a 96 silverado c1500 the low pressure switch and high pressure switch on my truck they just unscrew and have a Schrader valve behind them so. No problem removing them. Just unscrew and screw the new ones on. Plug and play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm finally getting around to try and fix my 97's ac. What's a part number for the switch in the compressor. Seem to be a lot of similar ones at the parts stores that claim they fit my vehicle, but no real distinction between them. I tried to pull the old one out and pretty much tore it up. Had some numbers on it but nothing that matched anything when I searched.

update: The switches I used for my 97 c1500 extended cab are all santech. The pressure switch mounted on a/c manifold was MT0790. The switch mounted in back of compressor was MT0447. The switch mounted on dryer was MT0205. As of yesterday afternoon 6/26/2022 I got it charged and it's working well, 55degree coming out of the vent on a 90 degree day without being in max air.

Here's a clearer wiring diagram that I believe is the same as previously posted

Here's a wiring diagram and trouble shoot guide

21 - 23 of 23 Posts