Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as some know, I was going to be adding the 1.25" body lift to my truck and gave up a few teaser pictures. Well, I finally got around to taking a lot of pictures of the truck as it sits now. I added the body lift; it took about 5 hours total by myself. If I would have had someone else, I bet we could have finished it in half that time. Just having someone to hand tools to me would have made a world of difference.

Difficulty with the lift:
The hardest part was getting the front bumper to line back up, which I still don't have right. Also, in trying to get the bumper to go back on, there are 2 bolts that go down behind the grill which support the bumper; the tabs that have the nut for the bolt wouldn't go back in. The bolts were so long that I had to trim them down with a grinder to make it go back on so that I could get the bolts to start. Other then that, it was really simple, just time consuming! The bed was really easy but I didn't do the back bumper. I'm going to fill the gap with a piece of black diamond plate when I get my black tool box. Enough talking! TIME FOR PICTURES!
BEFORE:

AFTER: with old tires

PHOTO SHOOT-i added a 295/70R18 trail grappler to my truck now.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crazy i wish i woulda went with a 5" RC kit from the get go and woulda been done 2 years ago lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Most people do photo shoots with their family, we do it with our trucks... LOL

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Looks really good Nick! I plan on going with basically the same set-up come Spring. Looking at the RC 4.75 Lift. Not sure if I'm going up a rim size yet or not... Great looking truck... :cool:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks good, I like it with those tires, I just added a 1.25" on top of a 2.5". Took me longer then 5 hrs. I did do the numbers and I have nerf bars... do you have any rub with that size tire? I was thinking of 295/65r18 Duratracs. The graps don't come in that size.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i do not rub at all! i love the way it looks. yours will look real good with those duratracs

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rough Country the 1.25" that way i saved money and didnt have to buy the back bumper bracket with the zone and if i want to raise the back bumper its an easy thing to do. but for now im leaving it stock.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it will look awesome i recommend it to everyone who has ever thought about it do it!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i went down to just a 3" just wanted to relieve a little bit of the pressure off my front end. but i still love it, and i like the 1/2" of rake i have now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.