Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2010 Chevy Silverado LT I replaced my 4 stock door speaks with some Kicker 6-1/2 300W peak, 4 Ohm speakers. They are some good sounding speakers but im looking for an amp to make them sound that much better and louder. I need some suggestions on an amp I can buy to power these puppies. Im getting the amp installed at my local audio shop. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I'm not sure how to match my speakers to an amp so thats why i need yall's help. Thanks guys!

· Registered
2,878 Posts
I've been a Kenwood guy for years. I feel they are really good for a decent price. I've driven them all hard and they have lasted me for quite a few years. The ones I have now, waiting to be transplanted into the truck, I've had for 5 years, I play them hard, not all the time, but a lot, and they still bring it.

· Registered
90 Posts
I just replaced the factory system in my truck. I'm running this Pioneer GM-D1004 400W 4 Channel on Pioneer D-Series 6.75" 2-way in the rear door and Pioneer D-Series 6.75" Component in the front door and front pillars. The speakers are 60 Cont/260 Max, the amp is 45 Cont/100 Max, and it pushes them really well. I was blown away by how good they sound. Cool thing is it's small enough to mount in the dash (mine is in the dash). My final speaker decision came down to the Kickers you have and the Pioneers D-Series, and I planned to use the same amp for the Kickers.

However, I bet those Kickers would sound better if they were pushed harder than 45 Cont watts. This Pioneer GM-D8604 is 100 Cont/300 Max. Doesn't look like it would be small enough to fit behind the dash, but still easily tucked away. I bet they'd be rocking on this one!

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,109 Posts
Match the RMS spec of the speaker at any given ohm load to the RMS per channel of any given ohm load of the amp. So if your speaker can handle 100 watts RMS @ 4 ohm, then find an amp that is close to that spec. like this one for example.
http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/p ... -100-4-v-2

· Registered
414 Posts
Wait, so you are getting a amp we suggest installed at a audio shop?? A audio shop who specializes in amp/speaker combos? An audio shop who does this for a living? A audio shop.....? Audio?

Here's an idea, why don't you ask them?

You: I got these speakers I installed, I need a amp for better sounds
audio shop: Oh really, you come to the right place because we are indeed a audio shop...
You: What amp would you suggest
Audio shop: funny you ask because we deal with car audio... let me show you these amps that will work best, because we have been a audio shop for quite awhile....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.