Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Correct me if I am wrong but I have been searching through the suspension and how to threat and I did not find any information that fully answered my question(s).

So I have a 2006 silverado Z71 (5.3) and I just added a 6inch RC lift to my truck and after a few months of driving it I have the itch to be higher... Right now I have a RC lift and I am on a budget, so getting a new lift would be out of the question. I want another 2 inches of height. (I do not want a body lift...im looking for alternatives)
For the rear I was thinking a add a leaf ($99) for about 2 inches of height, another option would be a shackle flip but I would rather stick with a AAL. I would also be replacing the shocks with blistens.

The front is where I have my main question....HOW?! I was thinking about doing a differential drop since my angles are already sh*t because I believe the RC lift requires you to crank the t bars...i know very cheap right? :roll: If you have any suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

· Registered
3,131 Posts
You really have no options for the front. A diff drop won't increase your lift. All you can really do is crank the torsion bars further, but even then you probably won't get much higher. Put a body lift on, save up for a new lift or just be satisfied with what you have.

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dmanj said:
You really have no options for the front. A diff drop won't increase your lift. All you can really do is crank the torsion bars further, but even then you probably won't get much higher. Put a body lift on, save up for a new lift or just be satisfied with what you have.
There is no front version of a shackle flip? Or replacing my little RC shocks with adjustable blistens? Thanks for the input man!

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ferraiolo1 said:
No and no. You can just crank your t bars more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enough to level it out if i added two more in the rear? and if i crank some more i'd need to do a diff drop.

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats a nice height right there, I was trying to stay away from body lifts.but I guess I could always take it out when I'm ready for a new lift. Thanks for the quick response man!

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats what I am looking at now, 1.5" or 2" body lift. Hopefully my bed/cab bolts aren't rusted to sh*t. My tires are still new and people said 6"+3" looks goofy with 35's.

· Registered
1,866 Posts
AmericanZ71 said:
Dmanj said:
There is no front version of a shackle flip? Or replacing my little RC shocks with adjustable blistens? Thanks for the input man!
There is such a thing as a front shackle flip but it would require having front shackles :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.