Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my buddy has asked me to find info/install a sub in his 2013 GMC Sierra Crew Cab. He wants to keep the stock headunit and just add an amp and a 8 inch or 10 inch sub under the rear seat. His current stock set up has the head unit with XM, Bluetooth, USB, CD player and AUX port and steering wheel controls. I do not believe it is a BOSE system. He does not want to lose any of those features. From the research that I have done, it appears that we will need a PAC-AOEM 1416 to add the RCA and blue amp power on wire? If we install this, will he keep all the above features? Will installing the PAC require any wire harness cutting? Also where are the best places to run the RCA's and Power wires on these vehicles?

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just did this installing in my Sierra. I installed a Line Converter under the rear seat with the sub-woofer and amplifier. All you have to do it tap into the rear door speakers in the door jam. To do this just start with the driver side. Open the rear door, near the door hinges you will see the rubber tube going from the door to the truck. Pull the rubber boot off of the side connected to the truck. You will then see the plastic connector and wires. The are four snaps that are holding it into place. One on each corner. Just push in the tabs and it will pop out. At this point you can see there is a plug and socket. You can separate the plug from the socket by pushing on the tab and pull them apart. I used a set of wire taps and some extra speaker wire. [[The Left rear speaker +brown -yellow and Right rear +dark blue -light blue.]] Tap into each wire and run you speaker wire to wherever you are installing the line converter. Be sure that you do not mix up the positive and negative on the speaker wire because when they are plugged into the converter wrong you will not get the true sound out of your sub-woofer. Trust me. Any questions, just let me know. I dont have pictures at this point.

2013 Sierra Crew Cab
Powerbass 900.1D
One-JBL 12'' Sub

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
An easier way to get to the speaker wires is in the drivers and pasengers kick panel in the front of the truck. Just use the collors that are stated in cmagnons post and you should be good. The other option is to go with PAC aoem-gm1416, it is a simple plug and play install. As for where to run the power wire look under the hood on the drivers side. Behind the fuse block there is a cromet in the firewall that has a big look of wires going through it. This is an easy place to run the power wire into the cab. As for tunning your rca wores, just run them on the opposite side of the cab as the power wire.

·
Registered
532 Posts
relentless85 said:
Hello, my buddy has asked me to find info/install a sub in his 2013 GMC Sierra Crew Cab. He wants to keep the stock headunit and just add an amp and a 8 inch or 10 inch sub under the rear seat. His current stock set up has the head unit with XM, Bluetooth, USB, CD player and AUX port and steering wheel controls. I do not believe it is a BOSE system. He does not want to lose any of those features. From the research that I have done, it appears that we will need a PAC-AOEM 1416 to add the RCA and blue amp power on wire? If we install this, will he keep all the above features? Will installing the PAC require any wire harness cutting? Also where are the best places to run the RCA's and Power wires on these vehicles?

Thanks
GM and Kicker makes a kit that's is truly plug and play!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would shy away from the GM and Kicker kitt for two reasons. The first is the price of the kit and the second is the sound quality of the kicker kit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went ahead and bit the bullet. Went to the local audio shop and bought all the aftermarket parts for the head unit install. Piece of cake and everything works like its supposed. Those line converters are thief's. They were robbing me of all the potential sound from my JBL MS Series MS-12SD2. Now there is no doubt I will be turning heads. No regrets spending all that money. Bought the Kenwood Excelon DDX790 7in In-dash head unit and pushing the sub with a powerbass 900.1d single output @ 1ohm. X-trememobilesoloutions.com has all the box you could ask for with fast shipping. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did exactly what your friend is wanting to do in my 2013 GMC Sierra crew cad,
I used an audio control LCI its pretty straight forward and you wont lose any of the factory options.
the LCI unit he needs depends on how many channels the amp is etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Rear speaker tap is

Right Rear speakers on bose amp
(+)Dark Blue
(-) Light blue

Left Rear speaker on bose amp
(+) Brown
(-) Yellow

the wires if you strip some of the tape back are coiled together to help you find them easier.
After you find them and run them to the back, do as suggested above and get yourself a quality line-out converter. You will be glad you did. I use the Audio control LC9. Amazing sound!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.