Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2022 refresh LTZ Z71 crew cab 4x4 last week - has stock 20's. What are some good options for leveling it and any potential issues and ways to prevent them? And what is a good tire size, if I keep the stock wheels, that I wouldn't have to worry about trimming anything or having any rubbing? Not necessarily looking to stuff the absolute biggest tire I can fit - just something that will fill the space nicely once leveled.

·
Administrator
9,126 Posts
Sharp truck! For a 2" level, just slip a 1" aluminum spacer under the struts. Quick, cheap, easy. Don't go higher than 2.5" and you should never have any issues. Have the alignment checked after.

Reactions: Rockyviv

·
Registered
2022 Silverado 1500 CC Z71 w/ LM2
1,549 Posts
Well they somehow got a set of 275/60R20's on these 18s. I think they are similar/identical wheels - just 20" versions.
Those are definitely 20" wheels. I have the exact same truck except I have the 3.0 and the 20in wheels are standard on the LTZ.

I'm eventually going to level mine too but will likely go with the 2" lift from GM so I get the longer CVs and I retain all warranty. I'll likely replace the 2" rear block with a 1" to get more leveled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put the rough country 2 inch level struts on my rst with their ucas and it rides same as stock but I feel I’m still 1/2 inch tall in the rear. It really bugs me to the point I’m thinking of throwing a MotoFab 2.5 on my stock shocks and putting them in.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
9,126 Posts
Put some weight (200#?) in the bed. It will ride better and sit level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts