Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Well, for what it is worth, my truck started using a ton of oil (2 quarts in 3k), I disabled AFM 500 miles later with an inTune, so all the hardware is still there just the system never activates. I just recently changed my oil again, 8500 miles, used 1/2 quart or less during that time.

Now, to be fair, when I first got the truck, it didn't use anything worth mentioning during that change the dealer had put in it, for about 6k miles. I don't know what oil they used, but I started using Mobil 1 like I have used in my vehicles for years. Did that trigger something? Maybe, seems unlikely since the oil usage practically stopped after I tuned out AFM.

· Registered
1,110 Posts
AzDragonLord said:
Not all AFM systems have issues. With 125K miles on my stock 2009 Sierra, I'm only losing about 1/2 quart of oil every 5-6000 miles. Of course I've always used Mobil-1 oil and filter exclusively.
Careful man, I said the same thing about mine, until about 136k or so was when I noticed it drank the 2 quarts.

1 - 2 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.