Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Disabling AFM won't necessarily increase your efficiency, but it will help your engine last longer. AFM is what the factory designed to keep the mpg in the "ok" zone with the EPA. First thing I did when I bought my truck was turn AFM off with my tuner.

· Registered
2,304 Posts
For a 2008 the Max Energy 2.0 will not work. You have to go diablo or a range device or do some more searching. Again the Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 will not work for 2008 models

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gozzie said:
For a 2008 the Max Energy 2.0 will not work. You have to go diablo or a range device or do some more searching. Again the Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 will not work for 2008 models
What makes you say that? I know of several people that have used Hypertech for a 2008.

· Registered
2,304 Posts
Maybe in the past. It will not work now, You should go to their website. Put in your vehicle information and it will tell you what functions it will perform. AFM is not one of them (or at least it wasn't 8 weeks ago when I bought mine) 2009 and up it does AFM

· Registered
2,304 Posts
Great, then that's another option for you. I like the tuner. It's very simple to use. Autoanything.com has the best prices and mine was overnight shipping for free. That was sweet.

· Registered
238 Posts
If you plan on doing ANYTHING more than just turning off AFM, in regard to powertrain modifications, I would highly recommend you purchase your tuner from either a local shop that can give you custom tunes as you add on, or from someone like Lew at Diablew.com. Otherwise, you will have your tuner, and you will be able to load the "custom" tunes that are loaded on it, and adjust certain parameters, but if you start getting into long tubes, cat delete, cam, etc. you're going to need a custom tune. The handheld won't be able to adjust for things like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.