Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I turn on the air when the truck hasn't run for awhile he air conditioning puts out cold air for maybe at the most a minute. Then the air gets warm. With the heater when I turn it on at first it puts out warm air like it should then soon the air it puts out is cool. Their seems to be a funny smell when the air or heater stops working the way it should. I was wondering if behind the dash their is a module or printer circuit board that if was going bad could cause the trouble with the heating and air conditioning that I'm having? If not what would your best guess it would be causing the trouble?
Thanks, Chuck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put in a new actuator and it still didn't work right. I've had a few people tell me that a bad heater core could make the air or heater only blow luke warm air. The air is the same temp no matter if the heater is on or the air is on. With the heater core I have no leaks I always thought that they leaked if bad. Whats your thoughts on the heater core causing the trouble? If you don't think that is it what else should I check out?? Thanks

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
The heater core could be blocked with gunk. You can disconnect the heater hoses and try flushing the heater core from both sides. If it is clogged you may have to alternate several times until it runs clear.

Did you see the blend door operate? Did you perform the relearn procedure?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.