Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so tomorrow well today i guess is going to be warm so im going to get some work done on my truck. i picked up a new front bumper and an airbag sensor as my passenger side one under the rad is toast. my question is should i be scared while changing it im going to disconnect the battery but should i pull any fuses or wait for a bit b4 unplugging it i just dont wanna set my airbag off
thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Disconnecting the battery is a good plan. An air bag is not suppose to deploy without 2 conditions being met. 1. The air bag module must experience enough g-force to activate the switch inside the module. This is why most air bags do not deploy during an accident less than 10 mph. 2. A sensor must also be tripped. Without both conditions happening at the same time, the air bag will not deploy if everything is working correctly.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Good thread, I need to do the same thing also with my passenger sensor. Can anyone shed some light on exactly where its located? I haven't looked yet, but how much crap needs to come off to get to it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts