Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's almost time to buy tires. '11 Sierra on BDD 6" kit running trail grappler 295/70/18 right now. In between running the same size tire or switching to 35/12.50/18. My current set up barely rubs only in reverse at full lock. I'd appreciate any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
135 Posts
If you already have scrubbing issues I would not recommend going to the 35x12.50r18. The measurements that you have now are 34.3x11.6r18. This means that you would be adding .35 inches up and .45 inches wider. Which is about .6 inches diagonally from the edge. This would cause quite a bit of rubbing if you don't install wheel spacers or change wheels for some with a compensating backspacing.

· Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It's so weird that the 35/12.50's are so much cheaper!

· Registered
135 Posts
13rado said:
Thanks! It's so weird that the 35/12.50's are so much cheaper!

Those tires are more available because people buy them all the time where as the other sizes not so much. A tire that they don't make a lot of will tend to be more expensive because usually they have to go out of their way to make it.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
You could just trim it up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.