Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

This is my 2006 Silverado. I got her when I was 16 with about 110,000 on the clock and bone stock. I'm 20 now and big blue is up to 146,445 and running STRONG. Since then I have upgraded and put plenty of time (and money) into my truck, I just never got to making a build thread. I'll try to dig up all the old pictures of when I had it stock and some of my first upgrades. I have worked at a mechanic shop since I was 14, so I have good mechanical knowledge but I am in school now so money is tight but upgrades will come in as frequently as my bank builds up! BTW...she aint a pavement princess !! LOL

Attachments

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first things i done to my truck were adding a back rack and husky tool box. The back rack was free from a neighbor....just had to paint it and order the back rack stickers. Next was the toolbox, cost me a $40 bottle of jack from one my dads friends. To this day they are both the most useful modifications I have added to my truck. Also this was a few years back when I told my dad i'd build him a woodshed because I was tired of seeing a big ugly blue tarp in our front yard.

Attachments

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next, I did what every 17 year old kid does....buy a camo steering wheel cover. Since I love camo I didn't want to stop there, so I ordered some of the mossy oak vinyl wrap and took apart some of my dash and vents. I placed the wrap on my accessories and hit it with a heat gun, then used a razor knife to trim it down. (This was all done a while back, all current and future upgrades will have step by step pictures) Then for my birthday the gf ordered me custom seat covers...since I'm sure you chevy owners know that NOTHING else will fit the seat due to that dump little hump the seatbelt comes out of. Good thing she got them for me because I never would of spend upwards of $250 on seat covers.

Attachments

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then I got a lous custom exhaust added on, its a flow master super 40 1 in 2 out, 2 3/4" pipe, dumped out behind the rear wheels to 4in tips. It is on my list of things to do again. I want it louder, I was thinking true duals with flow master 10's or straights. This won't happen until I get my hooker long tube headers.

Attachments

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The neighbor needed all the logs out of her driveway before snow fell so I ended up chaining them up to my truck and dragged them bout 1/4 mile down to my house. I swapped from my chain to my tow strap, and when I took a corner a little too quick a 12' log started to death roll towards my truck lol

Attachments

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got this done at the beginning of the summer! This was what I have been saving up for, about two years. Its a Rough Country 6inch lift, on 17inch Fuel Hostages, with 35x12.5x17 Fuel Mud Grippers. First off, I know RC isn't nothing special but It also isn't nothing to knock. I know some kids who beat the piss out of them and never had a problem. But I do want to replace the shocks with Blistens. The rims are great, I think 17inch is the perfect size because they still show a lot of tire. No offense to all you guys rockin 20's. And finally the tires are some of my favorite, better than nitro trial graps if you ask me.

I did have to extend my brake lines as well as trim the front valance a little. I removed the little rubber splash shield from the lower valance as well. Other than that I have felt no rubbing whats so ever.

Attachments

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My buddy was trading in his 6 blow power choke for a 6.7 and took off his 50inch curved LED light bar. I bought it off him for $60 because he didn't want to drill into his new truck. It works great on back roads in NH and offloading. Its got dual row LED's and is waterproof....I only wish I got the doorjamb brackets instead of drilling into my roof. I might be looking to get a bracket and somehow fill in the holes on my roof then throw a coat of primer and touch up paint. If anyone has done this let me know how it worked out!

Attachments

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The last mod I added was towing mirrors. I went with a $100 aftermarket pair. I figured $250 was a lot and I don't need heated mirrors or turn signals. They work great for pulling the trailer and the boat. I figured my dad and his did survived without electric mirrors so I could too.

Now were up to date on how she currently sits

So far what I have on my truck is:
-6inch lift
-35's
-Fuel Hostage rims-17inch
-American flag bug guard
-Interior LED's
-Back rack
-Diamond plate toolbox
-Custom seat covers
-Towing mirrors
-Camo interior
-Camo bowtie
-Flowmaster exhaust
-"Like a rock" chevy mudflaps

What I have for future plans are:
-Long tube headers/true duals
-CAI
-add a leaf and blisten 5100 shocks
-Mild cam
-spark plugs and wires
-dual batter conversion
-Re-gear to 4.10 or 4.56 (still deciding)
-CB radio

and I could go on for days.... but let me know how you like it so far and hopefully more to come soon!

Attachments

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Awesome! I agree with you on getting the door jam brackets for the light bar. Looks better. Truck looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Silveradeaux said:
Awesome! I agree with you on getting the door jam brackets for the light bar. Looks better. Truck looks great!

Thanks Man! It does looks a lot cleaner, I just need to figure out the best way how to fill in the holes in my roof....

· Registered
920 Posts
Gotta give a shout out to another one of my NBS buddies! That lift made the truck! Looks awesome! Love the color too! Now you've got me thinking about my 2003 Silvy. May have to wait until I wear out the current set of BFG KO2's. The biggest mod I did to my truck was this summer, added a Reflexxion hood. You can see pics in my album.

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks 2003Z71 I appreciate the compliments! The lift really did a lot for the truck, costly but well worth it in my opinion!

Also, that Reflexxion hood is sweet! I love the aggressive look it adds to the NBS trucks....I think the bumper is also a great touch!

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
You can get little plugs that seal holes at your local auto parts store. I agree, if youre going to keep the light bar add the door brackets and run the power wire correctly. other than that its a great looking truck so far!

· Registered
920 Posts
AmericanZ71 said:
Thanks 2003Z71 I appreciate the compliments! The lift really did a lot for the truck, costly but well worth it in my opinion!

Also, that Reflexxion hood is sweet! I love the aggressive look it adds to the NBS trucks....I think the bumper is also a great touch!
Thanks. Really happy with the way my hood turned out. I'm glad you like the bumper bar. I probably would opt for not having it on the truck but I run a 1/4 mile drag car in the summer and that push bar comes in handy. Also works for moving the occasional Prius out of the way. :lol:

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah I agree ferraiolo1, my impatience got the best of me. But currently I have the wire running down the side of the windshield and used jb weld to set it flush against the rubber molding on the edge of the windshield.....I hated having it dangle free for 2 weeks lol! I didn't want to run it through the door jam because I didn't want to hear the wind whistling when I was on the highway!

And thanks for mentioning the little plugs^^ I didn't know they made those! I'll have to run down to napa or orielly this weekend.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.