Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I should ask this in Exterior or Electrical... So I figured I'd try here first.

Anyone familiar with how to remove the antenna on the NNBS trucks? I can only find information on early 2000 models and not my 09.

I don't want to install a hidden antenna or anything, I actually want to just replace the antenna with one of these ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Take-Arche ... B001UGLOIK

·
Registered
641 Posts
Imade my own. All you have to do is cut the ball off the end off your antenna. Fill a arrow shaft with clear silicone and slide it over your old one. Works great. That's what I did. But I put mine with the tip facing up. I'll post a pic Ina bit

·
Registered
641 Posts
I did mine different than the normal. I wanted the tip facing up. So I cut my antenna so that just the tip hit the arrow head. Then I filled the entire thing with clear silicone that I had laying around so that it wouldn't vibrate and stuck it on there let it sit over night and screwed it back on. Probably cost me 5 bucks. And as for reception its a little better I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
9306, that's the same one I wanted to get originally. How's your reception? I know aftermarket antenna's can be hit or miss.

Looks good linkman, you need a lightbar on that roof rack though lol.

Thanks Captainmorgan, i guess GM wasn't worried about carwashes snapping them so they made them crazy tight lol.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Blackhawk7 said:
9306, that's the same one I wanted to get originally. How's your reception? I know aftermarket antenna's can be hit or miss.

Looks good linkman, you need a lightbar on that roof rack though lol.

Thanks Captainmorgan, i guess GM wasn't worried about carwashes snapping them so they made them crazy tight lol.
I can't really tell you because I listen to Sirius, so its pretty much for looks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.