Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched google and get mixed responses plus there's no way to tell if the person thats answering the questions actually knows what they are talking about.

In Texas is it legal for me to carry an ax mounted INSIDE my toolbox on my Silverado?

In Texas a knife over (I think) 5.5" is illegal and a knife is considered a bladed hand weapon that can cause bodily harm so I'm not sure if an AX is considered a Knife and would fall under an illegal category.

Reason for carrying an AX? Same reason I carry a shovel, never know when you'll need it. Don't want a zombie apocolypse to happen while I'm at work and not have my ax with me!

*Not sure if this is right section, only offtopic forum I could find though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty sure you didn't read my post.. I said I already searched google. I was trying to get a response from a Texas officer.. Thank you for your input though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gotcha lol.. yeah google has a couple things about carrying ax's most say its illegal which I just can't believe, NONE talk about if its in a toolbox though.. mostly people wanting to carry around battle axes and tomahawks for self defense.

·
Registered
706 Posts
i also think your chances of fining a texas law officer on a truck forum are slim to none. There are better forums for this question to be answered quickly. I think an Ax in a tool box is legal anywhere in the US.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not to sound like an a**hat, but if you get arrested for having an axe in your toolbox, a few other things have to have transpired first:
-You did something to give an officer probable cause to stop you
-The officer then found more probable cause to search your truck
-You annoyed/PO'd the officer enough to for him to bother to charge you for something that otherwise wouldn't be worth his bother
OR you got arrested for something else and it's just an extra charge tacked on

Seriously, if your LEOs down there operate anything like up here, you have nothing to worry about. Or as said above, a quick call/visit to your local precinct could answer your question for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.