Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1384025628.986214.jpg
on the back glass of this one, it says 'this ain't my boyfriends truck' well, the boyfriend should have showed her how to park.

And I saw this last night,
ImageUploadedByAG Free1384025683.103284.jpg
brand new Camaro, still had dealer plates. It's not a horrible parking job, but still. If I bought a brand new car I would at least try and park it straight to lessen the chance of someone hitting me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Women can't drive... much less park....

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,455 Posts
The type of bad parking that annoys me the most is when they aren't in two spots but they are so close that they might as well be. It doesn't bother me when people take up two spots because I park far away from anyone else anyway. People in general just dont care about other people's cars. They swing the doors open and ding and scratch the piss out of them.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I'm not saying men are great drivers... I just drive a lot and when I see something really dumb it's usually a female.

This woman in a trailblazer parked about 10 inches past the split line in to the next parking spot... I decide my truck is short I can still park there... I get out and there's maybe 1/4" of space between our bumpers probably less. I go in do my thing come back out she's still parked there. Sitting in my truck maybe 10 minutes finishing my service report.. she comes out... starts to get in then sees how close I am... she walks around to the front looks... walks around to the other side looks walks back around. Gets in backs up a ft or so, Parks, gets back out and looks at the front of her vehicle like I had hit her non-parking self.... feeling insulted I step back out and prop up on my open door and say, "don't worry I didn't hit you, I actually know where the front of my vehicle begins". She glared at me but never said anything.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Id like to add that people who take trailers through the drivethru really peev me off.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I see that crap all the time around here. The worst by far though was in college. The university I went to was 2/3rds female and the bulk of the out of state students were from NJ and NY. I just went right to the roof every morning where I could get an end spot.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
What I'm getting annoyed about is people not caring and swinging doors open and dining and scratching my doors. I have 3 dings and some scratches on my doors. I never Park by people and go out of my way to park as far as I can and people still end up parking by me.

Went into Lowes the other night around 9. Probably 10 cars in the lot, but I still parked at the end of the lot. I come out to a f-150 parked right next to me, maybe 12" in between us.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Like this...
Everyday when I got in from work if this dude was parked beside this is how it was.
Yes I know I'm parked in there stupid but that spot to my left the space was so small not even a smart car could use it so I just used it and little of the other one to its right.
1384052756731.jpg
1384052834477.jpg
1384052858808.jpg

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,467 Posts
Looks like he backed over a cat on his way in parking. :lol:

I try to park in spots that are right beside a curb and try to get as close as I can to the curb so there is less chance of someone hitting the one side that would be next to another vehicle.

·
Registered
761 Posts
^lmao that was one of many damn cats at that hotel. That was 8 months of hell in Miami Fl!!

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I always try to park near the back, or where I can back up against a curb. The only sucky thing about a ext cab/long box is that it takes up so much space parking.

And I second the trailers through the drive through. Most of the time I don't even take my truck through.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
106 Posts
gmcultr said:
Women can't drive... much less park....

Umm I think u need to edit that statement hun. I've been driving trucks my whole life n by the time I was 14 I could easily back up a 14ft boat trailer with AND without the boat. And by the time i was 16 i was drag racing and kicking all the man butt on the track. Yes there are some women who cant drive but there are some men who cant drive to save their life. I think its the city ppl, some city ppl drive crazy!

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
^ the best you can hope for from me is to acknowledge every rule has exceptions. We might be the same age but I have at least thrice the driving experience. I don't even want to think about hours I have logged on the road. That's not saying you're inexperienced don't read it like that, just that i'm getting close to the half a million mile mark... a lot of people twice our age are no where near there. I've seen a lot of dumb stuff.

I have a dash cam and if I had better internet I could share some crazy stuff... and the worst offenders usually are females. That's it honest observation every day.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
I actually have something like this made up, and I use them on a regular basis...

These are off of the internet, but mine are very close, only difference is mine says 'you park like a F___ING ASSHOLE, please put the beer down and think next time' I like to emphasis the message...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Here is a nice little card to put on a car that is parked crappy. My friend dave has to be the worst parker out there. He found this on his windshield one day. Sorry about the 2 words on the pic.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.