Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
You will want this as your first upgrade:
It fits perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/Salusy-Organizer ... B07S2QG4YT

...as a side note. I was shopping for a Trailboss when I came across this. I gotta say, imo, this is the hottest looking truck on the market right now. Its simply a beast. I think its 5" longer, 2" wider, and a couple inches (cant remember) taller than the previous model. The way they carved out more bed space is great also. Even sounds good... even though in the cab you are so far away from the tail pipe, that all you hear is the fan... but, if your outside... it sounds like a boss.

The seats are way more comfortable than the prev 1500. There is just nothing not to like about it... for now anyway! ;-

Just love this truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yup, already have that and the steel lockable storage box under it. Also got the Husky underseat storage...twice the storage as the factory bin.
I agree, the added features and look of new trucks is amazing. I hear all the talk about how interior doesn't compare to Ram. I like the clean and simpler look.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I got the GM bin... Not as much storage as I had thought it would be. But, better than nothing and the money is spent...

No doubt that the the R** looks good. But, imo, the Chevy 2500 interior isnt bad in any way.

My only complaint about the interior is that for the LT model, there are no usb ports in the center console. So, you cant hide the cords... Try to make sense of that?!?! Again, that is my only complaint.

·
Registered
327 Posts
One more thing I want to say about the new 6.6 mated with the updated 6 speed:

The transmission is smooth as silk. Shifting points are, in my opinion, spot on (both when empty and pulling). Down shifting is spot on.

Unlike the 1500 mated with the 6 speed... there is no searching for gears, not hard down shifting, no clunking, no weird clunking when going from Drive to Reverse or vice versa.

This new (updated) 6 speed is smoother and cleaner than my tuned 6 speed on my '17 Silverado. I so love coming to a stop... putting in reverse and pressing the gas pedal and there being NO clunking or pausing...

Guys, the 6 speed is just plain night and day compared to the old one.

Seemingly, the differences are probably primarily in the ECM and how they programed it. After all, that 6 speed is there lowest repair tranny in some time. Whatever the case... its a vast improvement.

·
Administrator
5,890 Posts
... and pics... we need pics!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sitting in the section they stage them to hand off to the purchaser.

Just driving around the city everything seems spot on with shifting and smoothness when rolling on the gas. Excited to drive this thing 400 miles tomorrow to see how it does in the mountains and just overall cruising.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Great looking truck. Congrats.

I will 2nd the smoothness of the tranny... Way better than my '17 1500 with the 6 speed. Night and day.

I am at just about the 5k mark on mine. Only issue is it has not really driven straight since I drove it off the lot. If I let go of the steering wheel, it drifts to the right. I am reading about a lot of people having the same issue. I have had three alignments (all under warranty) so far. I think they got it this time. Not sure if its a bad steering box (as some have said) or bad QC at the factory. I have also read these trucks are super sensitive to road crown. I dunno... Have you noticed that on your 3500?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have some input on the new 2500HD gasser. Bought new in December 2021 north sky blue CC LT that has just over 1,000 miles on the clock sitting at the dealership waiting to be looked at for a transmission fluid leak weeping from the small aft inspection cover of the bell housing. Read a few stories much like it over at GM truck forums. Not pleased needless to say.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry to hear. These new HD's have lots of problems. I am not surprised since it is a complete redesign from the the ground up, and even a new engine.

Here are the problems I have had with mine that I have confirmed are issues model wide:
- Steering Issues - these show up in many ways
- Wont drive straight (drifts) - I have had three alignments... still doesn't drive straight.
- power mirror issues (just had my left one replaced by dealer)
- goes into limp mode - had it to the dealer.. they cant figure it out despite even having codes. Waiting for it to happen again.

I have to admit, I am sometimes want to throw in the towel. However, I love the truck and there really are no alternatives. I hear the new Ford F250's have tons of problems also. I am not a big fan of Dodge... I just have to accept imperfection. Further, I got the extended warranty. Gonna use that up. I figure by the time my warranty expires, I will have paid for the truck in service calls! LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't had mine long enough to discern any steering issues as of yet. I don't expect my leak to be rectified inside of 30 days out of service either, at which time I will contemplate my next move. What you could try with respect to your steering drift issue is to take a precise measurement on each front dimension between dead center of the fender wheel opening and the upper center edge of the wheel itself and confirm whether those dimensions are exactly the same. Fine adjustment can be attained by either clockwise or counter clockwise turning of the torsion bar adjuster bolts. This will at least confirm that the front end sits even from left to right. Tire pressure can also play a role assuming that the alignment parameters are set correctly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Chester6.6L said:
Unfortunately I haven't had mine long enough to discern any steering issues as of yet. I don't expect my leak to be rectified inside of 30 days out of service either, at which time I will contemplate my next move. What you could try with respect to your steering drift issue is to take a precise measurement on each front dimension between dead center of the fender wheel opening and the upper center edge of the wheel itself and confirm whether those dimensions are exactly the same. Fine adjustment can be attained by either clockwise or counter clockwise turning of the torsion bar adjuster bolts. This will at least confirm that the front end sits even from left to right. Tire pressure can also play a role assuming that the alignment parameters are set correctly.
I haven't posted since the discussion of drifting to the right. Mine was actually pulling to the left when I let go of the wheel, seems to be correct now that I check all the tire pressures. Rear drivers was 10lbs different from the passenger and the fronts were 5lbs from drivers to passenger, that would have been straight off the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
416 Posts
AkMainer said:
Rear drivers was 10lbs different from the passenger and the fronts were 5lbs from drivers to passenger, that would have been straight off the lot.

If one side of the truck is in the sun and the other in the shade, this can happen. I've seen this on my own truck after having set the air pressure myself. Not sure that would cause 10 lbs of difference, but if the tires with lower pressure are both on the same side, at least consider whether sunlight might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i82much said:
AkMainer said:
Rear drivers was 10lbs different from the passenger and the fronts were 5lbs from drivers to passenger, that would have been straight off the lot.

If one side of the truck is in the sun and the other in the shade, this can happen. I've seen this on my own truck after having set the air pressure myself. Not sure that would cause 10 lbs of difference, but if the tires with lower pressure are both on the same side, at least consider whether sunlight might have something to do with it.
Nope not sunlight, only had about 3.5 hrs of light with little to no warmth from the sun where I live when I found them that way. Interesting though that it can be that much with the sun, food for thought and something to look at this summer. Thanks

21 - 40 of 48 Posts