Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm getting ready to order the RCx 7.5" lift kit. Ill be getting 35s to go with it, but I'm wondering if I should get new wheels too. Does anyone run 35s on the stock 20" wheels? I have a 2012 gmc sierra with the 6 spoke 20s. I think the tires will look too "baloony" on the 8.5 rims but id like to see if anyone has done it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I may be wrong but i think your suppose to have a 9" at least to safely run the 35" tire. But there may be some guys that do run that setup. Honestly if it was me I would def get new wheels just to be on the for sure side!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I really want to get new wheels too, but Its another huge cost to do that. I was kinda hoping to save the extra thousand bucks for an exhaust, but maybe ill just go with the wheels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Each tire is different and will give a specific recommended rim width. Depends on the brand of tire. Check out your choices website spec sheet for the tire. Some are 8.5-10" recommended rim width which is not really that much of a difference as most 20" offroad rims are 20x9... only talking 0.25" on each side. You wouldn't even notice it. But just double check like I said to be sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.