Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shopping for a CAI so my new hood would be functional. Saw the cheap ones on eBay, and am curious if anyone has any experience with them? I know I'll get what I pay for, but what I'm scheming is but a cheap one, then buy a name brand filter to put in the cheap ones place. So basically just using intake tube and filter surround. Thoughts anyone?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
There's one on my sierra... its nice for the price... nice deep throaty throttle sound... I had taken it off and put the stock box back in w/ an airaid mit... but then I took the mit and out it on my yukon and out the ebay cai back on my sierra. No problems and not a lot of difference between it and the mit imo. There might be a bigger difference in it and say an expensive cermaic coated heat shielded intake tube...

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of filter comes on those? Looks like a spectre, but for the price, I'm sure it's a knock off. I'm sure a K&n would be better, but for now, until I get some more money flowing in, I may go that route. Thanks for the replies!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,171 Posts
Its definitely a generic filter but its decent quality ive washed mine several times... I have 3 different filters one is a spectre..... cant really tell any difference between them

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.