Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new 2021 Silverrado Custom 2.7L. Standard audio system with 7" touch screen. When I turn the vehicle off and come back the next morning the volume is all the way down when I start the vehicle. I turn it back up to level I want it, but when I shut down it ends up set to 0 when I start the truck the next time.. I've set the "Max volume at startup" level to the middle of the scale, but that didn't correct the problem. It does this when using both the radio AM and FM, as well as BT from my phone. Is there another setting that I'm missing?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Try performing the return to factory settings option under the system tab. People with similar issues have reported this to have fixed it. Also there is a tsb out for dealers to perform an infotainment update if the customer complains of radio issues. If the return to factory settings does not help then perhaps the update can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
remanaz - Factory reset didn't correct the issue. I'll have the dealership load firmware when I go in for scheduled service. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
2020 Silverado RST
287 Posts
I've read a couple instances of folks buying new trucks and having the audio system left in demo mode from the dealer. Can't remember if it was related to the volume or not but it may be something to check out. It's probably a checklist item that gets missed prior to customer delivery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here. Except the volume resets to an extremely loud level each time I restart. “Return to factory settings” should not have to be a fix. GMC should fix this at the customers convenience. Not everyone can just pop by a dealership.

·
Registered
2019 Silverado Custom 5.3
58 Posts
My 2019 with IOR Stereo erratically raises volume for a second or 2 while driving, blowing my ears up. Any idea which component might be the problem, or if a software update can fix this?

I plan to add Amplifiers and aftermarket speakers someday, so this could be quite a problem.

Thanks All!
Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts