Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been forever since I've logged in here. I recognize a few names around still from years ago. Anyway, I got back in a Dmax recently and thought I'd share. It's a 2003 GMC with 56k miles on it and in amazing condition. I've done a few small things but nothing crazy like all my other trucks have been. Nice to be back in one, I missed having one for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Husband owns a 2020 Diesel Dmax. He always thought his truck weighed 9000 lbs. He has 3 different papers of documentation with 3 different weights for his truck - it goes from 7000 to 12,000 lbs!!!!!! I told him to go to a CAT weight place and get it weighed. The price for DMV registration goes by weight. Suggestions???

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's crazy. Go get it weighed then subtract his weight and use that for sure. I've gone to a mill before and they'll do it no problem.

·
Registered
849 Posts
welcome back! thats a nice looking truck!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how crazy I'll get with it. I told myself stock fancy but who knows. It all depends on if I get my uncles Dmax here before long. If I end up with it I'll go nuts and make this one super nice and let it stay at home and be all pretty n stuff.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Papa1948 said:
Husband owns a 2020 Diesel Dmax. He always thought his truck weighed 9000 lbs. He has 3 different papers of documentation with 3 different weights for his truck - it goes from 7000 to 12,000 lbs!!!!!! I told him to go to a CAT weight place and get it weighed. The price for DMV registration goes by weight. Suggestions???
The newer GM' trucks, including the 2020's will have silver and black labels on the door post that list the tow ratings, axle ratings etc --- and also list the Curb Weight for that truck.

Some of those 'weights' listed are likely weight ratings rather than the 'curb weight' (which is what the truck will weigh)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts