Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, when at idle or low speed truck shuts off or when turning well hard to left or right. I got some carb spray and sprayed MAF and throttle body. Start ups in the morning has improve but shut off still happens at least twice a day. Throttle body sensor has been changed last year, along with fuel filter and spark plugs changed 2 months ago.

However, i was told i have a cracked intake manifold, could this be the reason for the shutoff?

Thanks in advanced

· Registered
135 Posts
If you do have a cracked manifold it would subject it to whats called "unmetered" air. This means that the mass air flow sensor doesn't read the additional air coming into the engine so the computer doesn't have the ignition compensate for it. Best way to check this is to spray brake cleaner or something like it around the intake manifold and see if the rpms change. If the manifold is cracked I would replace it and not try to repair it. The repair could stay for a little bit but will probably happen again. You could always look for an aftermarket one that has better flow. Also, is the Check Engine Light on? If it is check the codes as well.

· Registered
135 Posts
Buddy Love said:
Check engine light was on a few weeks ago but not now. Thanks for the info will look into your suggestion.
If the check engine light was on at one point in time and it hasn't been erased then the codes will still be in the system and you can view them as "PASSED" codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.