Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I installed the Modified Stock tune on 2014 Silverado. Turned off DoD, did a tire size correction, firm shifts, and increased throttle boost 5%. Took it for a whip around town and it was fine. Today, I hopped in the ol' grocery getter and made my way to the store to pick a few items. Hopped back in and took off and thats when the problems started, it started sputtering and running rough right as I pulled out the parking lot.

I get to a red light and the engine is sputtering still, light turns and I hammer on the gas, just throwing fuel at it and RPMs shot up to near redline before the truck shifted into second gear sounding like shit the whole way, I eased off the gas and the check engine light starts flashing erratically the truck is jerking. I make it home and grab the intune, start the truck and drive again, thinking maybe it just goofed up, nope. So I pull over in a nearby parking lot and start to rewrite back to my original tune and it crashed mid download and told me there was no ECU found...........ok, I freaked a little bit at this point.

Shut everything down again, re-plugged the Intune and was to get it downloaded back to original now. Continue on and drive around just to make sure everything was ok and now, here I sit. Scared to do anything else with it at the moment.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Was the tuner updated? Sounds like you could have uncover an underlying issue. There haven't been any reports of the newer programs screwing with the newer trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,304 Posts
Like said above, update the tuner and try again. Maybe try the modified tune without the power boost and then add it later if the tune seems solid. Maybe you just had a quirk, from all that I have ever read what happened to you is pretty rare with diablo

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,240 Posts
I had one instance one day where I had my Intune freeze mid way installing a tune. I had just did a group update and always check the site for updates before connecting it to the truck. I had to pull the plug and start over only to have it do it again. I connected the device to the laptop and went to site to see if I could get some tech help, but found another update needed. 2 with in 24 hours. The second update cleared things up and the tune installed fine there after. I didn't experience any drivability issues. It just froze at 60% installing, but upon installing again, it showed this tune had in fact installed and was the LWT so it installed anyway. Even if you update, you may need to do it again?

· Registered
594 Posts
I would reinstall and have a plan if it happens again.

Keep your intune in the truck so if/when it happens again you can scan for codes and take a data log that could show what is going on. Until you can establish a pattern and gather data like codes or data logs, it's just an assumption the Diablo product is the problem.

· Registered
129 Posts
^^^^ Yep. What others said, check for an update. I check for updates before I plug my inTune into the truck each and every time. In fact there was an update today.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
Yeah i may need to update mine.....

· Registered
316 Posts
I actually avoid updating. I did it when I bought the unit, and a few times since. Once the tuner works for my truck, why risk using an update that might have a bug in it? Typically the updates are just to add compatability for new vehicles and doesn't affect the vehicle you are using it for.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
The percentage of people with issues is very small compared to those with success. 9/10 times its the user not following the directions that tell you to check for updates before plugging it into your truck.

I update mine periodically, especially after my truck goes into the shop for a reprograming recall, just incase something changed and diablo changed a setting.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Updates with any type of software are not unusual; think of your own personal computer. Christ, Adobe issues an update almost every week. I can't think of any software company that puts a product to market in any industry that doesn't routinely provide updates. Typically when the updates stop coming, the product dies off. Glad to hear it is working for you now OP

It's also not a bad idea to locate your stock tune on your device and back it up to your computer or other storage device.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yah I think my issue was not updating the tool, it had sat around for year and half and was only updated out of the box. Still, no issues on the second day eithe, trucks running great, better than before actually now that AFM is disabled.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.