Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help I took off the molding from my doors and on just the one side there's about a 4 in wide by 6 haze spot and don't know what to do , the trucks really shined up and then I have this spot . Is there anyway I can get rid if it

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
Was the spot caused by the moldings?

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably should have made it more clear .. there was caulking there that someone used to hold the molding on since it was falling off and I lightly wet sanded with 5000 grit and as soon as I did that the hazing appeared

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
Well there's your problem right there

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
Ewwww, yah, that can probably be fixed pretty easy if you know how to do it. I will leave that to someone with more paint experience, but if you didn't tear off the clear coat, you should be able to fix it up OK.
Good luck, I will be following this thread to see where it goes.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Well sir for future reference do not use sandpaper to remove things stuck to your paint. You don't have a haze you have fine scratches. You can get light duty rubbing compound and hand polish it to make it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if you've seen any of my post it's pretty easy to tell I'm a learner and not much of a knower but I did get Mcguires polishing compound and then hit it with the polish and it is gone for the most part and is completely not noticeable now without putting a light up to it let's just say in the future I'll think before I try something new

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Live and learn. At least it wasn't that bad. I watched some one wash their entire plane with white scotch brite because they wanted to get all the crud off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,304 Posts
If you used 5000 grit I would guess it will buff right out. With a spot that small You could do it with a drill and buffer head. Use a light compound. Nothing heavy or coarse. You can do it.

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,672 Posts
Forums are also here for entertainment, so thank you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.