Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm old school when it comes to builds, and have been documenting my builds since the late 90's on Pirate4x4 for my extreme ones, Trailtalk BBS for my Toyota's in the beginning and countless others as I have had way to many builds and vehicles, hell I had my NNBS 07 CCSB build on here in ~2013.

This build is different, mainly because of the price of admission, and the additional purchases that come from the wife taking my idea of a roof top tent on my Tacoma and her Jeep that we could switch to suddenly a 44 foot 5th wheel. Don't fret, I wont that argument.... We only have a 36 foot 5th wheel;-) I had a 2020 Manual Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 just before this truck purchase, and had waited a while to get that. I got paid to drive that truck by GM when I traded it in, got 4200 more for it with 16k miles on it than I paid for it:)

Anyway, will update and add some pictures but want to get this started, purchased the truck on the LAST day of the 1st Quarter March 31st and I had no idea how lucky I had gotten until a few months later and the insane prices.

So it's a 2021 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Box 4x4 Duramax, Summit White, All-Star package, Z71 Package, Factory Puck setup in the bed, and the Tow mirrors and some other stuff - don't really remember all of it but was far more than what I was shopping for so I was happy. I got it OTD for 52k, that's TTL everything, and I couldn't find it anywhere for less than 67k right now so I'm happy about that! I of course had Tint thrown into the deal and used some GM points to buy the in-channel vent visors. Tint and Visors were the first items.

I have added since then but not a ton, the most expensive items were the Intellihaul 2.0 which I just received but have not installed yet. I added the Front camera, and the rear brake light camera - which has not arrived yet - to the package and can't wait to get it installed.
I also bought the 20k B&W 5th wheel hitch after alot of back and forth - ****ing hitches are expensive! Those two items would have paid for some nice wheels and tires, getting old and having priorities change sucks.

In typical fashion I will update this post from time to time with items added, removed - with reasons if removed, and plans. First post will always be evolving! This is a slow build but will eventually end up pretty fast (weight-loss, Stealth turbo, etc) but those items are years down the road. Derringer setup works fine for now - but want that whistle and sound, should get that treatment around the 3 year mark, possibly sooner but maybe not until after the California trip we have coming up - don't want that ticket.

Items/Mods Added:
  • Tint
  • In-channel Vent visors
  • Banks Derringer
  • Banks I-Dash
  • Lo-Max hard tri-fold bed cover - the B&W as well as gear stays under it most of the time
  • 4" stainless 90" tailpipe - I welded it in
  • 4-6" Vented tip - will be getting replaced as it lost it's coating after first regen.
  • LaminX smoke headlight and foglight covers - 60 bucks to save cracked headlights worth it every time
  • Black American Flag CHEVROLET letters on tailgate
  • Stake Hole antenna mount - CB changing to HAM and GRMS soon though due to new Regs
  • Uniden 888 modded a bit - for off grid comms
  • Cheap front and rear dashcams - will keep on cigarette lighter for now, but will hardwire in Owl Cams in near future.
  • Debadged lol - had to do it, it's funny that when it is this painfully stock, that's a mod to me;-)

On the Shelf, To Be Installed:
  • DSP 4 in 5 out for perfect match to the OHM levels for amps:)
  • 600 watt 4 channel for mids and highs
  • 2500 watt Mono for subs
  • 2x10's - will be using Fiberglass and MDF to build under-seat box - initially will be the 10's I have, but more than likely will end up with 12's in ported under-seat box.
  • IntelliHaul 2.0 system - left and right side view cameras, Front Camera, Wireless Trailer camera, and waiting on the 3rd brake light camera to arrive before install.
  • I have Summit White Vinyl for all the chrome - I'm not a chrome fan but my garage is dusty from tractor repairs so haven't did the vinyl work yet.

Short list on items to be ordered/desired:
  • Proper floor liners - the stock Z71 ones suck - prefer Weather-techs but may be Husky's.
  • Neoprene or Carhart Seat Covers - Live on Ga Tn border and outside ALOT
  • Dash setup for devices - Ram mounts more than likely- but will have alot on the long road trips.
  • Side Steps - Wife and my youngest require them - haven't ordered as not sure if I'm going to reverse level or just lift the front to level until after a few road trips with the 5th wheel.

Items slowing my progress down:
Just traded my Drag build for a new Autocross/Roadcourse/Drag build - Traded 1983 Notchback with 347 for 1965 Ford F100. That will take some attention and money.
Took delivery of the 2021 Wildcat ~36' 5th wheel First weekend in September 2021, which requires paying for it...
Building new Access road to the back of the property
Widening the driveway to allow us to turn into our property - yes concrete work so it's expensive
2 College age children, and a 6 year old are great investments but taxing for mod budget.
Mountain Biking, fishing, John Deere Tractor I seem to constantly break, clearing and leveling property, ****ing pool - I have owned 3 in-ground pools and I regret it every time.

One pic for now of it stock - first few days - possibly first day I had it. Truck has 6 miles on it when I got it:) Will add in more pics and update soon.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Truck Automotive tire

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wheel Sky Tire Building Car
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle registration plate
Automotive exhaust Bumper Door Musical instrument Automotive exterior

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol Yeap, that was the first time pulling it snd my wife decided she wanted Chick Fil A, I said your walking as I can’t pull this in the parking lot lol!

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
Damn good looking truck!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Nice! That is what I was going to order, except long bed and not white. When I started looking I realized I was on my 11th white truck and I suddenly got sick of them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installing the Echomaster Intelitow 2.0, my CB/PA/external speaker, doing sound deadening on exposed panels when availiable and getting frustrated lol.

The Echomaster has great instructions and I followed them to a T - the mirror bottoms look great and clip right in, routing the cables is not too bad at all (both doors are done, deadened, and put back together) The rear wireless setup is configured, the additional front camera is installed but the cables are not ran through firewall yet. I attempted to connect to the factory "brain" of the stereo and Thats when I realized it doesn't fit, the cables they sent me are wrong! I'm a bit pissed at this moment and will call them once they open up in a few hours - I'm hoping that there is possible another location that the cables may work to plug in since I have the 2021 8 inch screen with the trailer package and rearview camera. I'm going to take the console out and hopefully find another box there as the LVDS is not located (or if it is its the wrong one) at the brain box as listed in the instructions.

Wish me luck - console needs to come out for my CB install already so not sweating that and it was planned. I am doing what I can during this whole thing to prep for my stereo install as well so I will probably go ahead and run my power cables from battery to the rear location, and lay my speaker wires down as well, then all i will need to is fab my sub box, and then do some soldering/wiring to get it all installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts