Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 sierra 5.3 and am having an issue with my truck starting after sitting for 12-ish hours. The battery, alternator and starter all test good. No new upgrades and no new electrical work. Recently replaced the radiator however. Also, I have a "service airbag" light that stays on. Any advice or info is appreciated. Are any of the other issues contributing to the battery issue? What else should I check?

· Registered
3,282 Posts
Could have a pinched a wire or something of the like during the rad change giving yourself a parasitic drain. If you have a multi meter it isn't hard to find or eliminate having one, check youtube if your not sure how to do it, it's pretty easy just some basic meter rules to follow.

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
As long as it's not a huge draw, hook up your meter in series with the battery and you'll be using the meter to complete the circuit.

This will give you to total reading. Then simply pull fuses one at a time until the current draw drops significantly. That will narrow down the circuit the issue is on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
Here is a good video on tracking down a parasitic draw on a vehicle.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ended up pulling the fuse for the seat controls under the dash to make the draw stop. I haven't had enough time lately to tear into the seats and door panels to see exactly what the specific cause is yet. Any pointers for where to check first, from experience?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.