Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are many discussions on exhaust for this truck or that truck and I have searched them extensively. Most of them are several years old or tend to wander in off the subject ways...so here is my question, sorry if it a rehash. I just purchased a 2004 1500 Silverado 4x4 with the 5.3L with only 30K on it. I want better performance when hauling loads and improved MPG. I have been looking at the Borla Cat back Exhaust system, the Banks Monster Exhaust exhaust system and the Magnaflow cat back system. Any advise from you all would be very helpful. The sizes of the systems seem to vary alot as well...3" in and 2.25" out, 3" complete, or 2.5" in and and 3" out. So very confusing for a layman.

I am also looking at a chip once I do the exhaust so any input on those would be great as well.

Thanks and again I am sorry if this is a rehash but the information out there is a bit overwhelming.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Cat back is pretty much just replacing the muffler. The 'Cat Back' systems include new exhaust pipe to replace the perfectly good pipe you already have. Just sharing that info I'm sure you already know.
Most people just swap out mufflers. And save the $$$. Any good muffler shop will be able to the pipe diameter up/down to accommodate whatever muffler you decide.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.