Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading the the track (1/4 mile). I have a 2013 sierra with the 6.2 and 3.73's. I assume I should launch with traction control and stability control off? Hold the rpm's up as high as I can or not? It's a bone stock truck besides the denali 20's.

·
Registered
761 Posts
You awd or 4x4?
Awd-turn TC and ST off hold the foot brake and put the glass on the floor and wait for green.
4x4- Turn TC and ST off put truck in 4hi hold foot brake with gas on the floor wait for green and after 1-2 gear change put her in 2wd and down the track you go.
I believe factory stall is like 1200-1300 something like that. It's been a while since I've been to the track or even launched mine.

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
761 Posts
My ets are up with a 4x4 launch over a 2wd launch. In 2wd with TC and ST off you can't really hold it by foot in stall without spinning them out the hole in 2wd so think what you buddy.

·
Registered
761 Posts
GL have fun that's all its about. I just found that my 4x4 launchs posted faster times over a 2wd launch.

·
Premium Member
6,959 Posts
Wade_660 said:
Launching a stock truck in 4x4 at a track is hilarious. Maybe a 600+ hp duramax, but to do that with a stock 6.2 is comical.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
6.2 comes stock with a little over 400 HP. In the 1\2 ton chassis, you're looking at something like 1000 lbs lighter vs the Duramax in a 3\4 ton. I'd argue that launching the two vehicles is actually pretty similar...

·
Registered
98 Posts
With the 6.2 you're gonna be burning out pretty badly if you launch in 2wd. If you just punch it with no rpms built, you'll have no power so bad times. If you build rpms, you'll have too much power and spin out. If you roll off the line at half throttle and than punch it ANYWHERE under 20 miles an hour, you'll rev to 5k and burn out. My 6.2 with 3.73s will snap my cooper discoverers loose at 20 (2-1 shift) on bone dry pavement with 4 people in the cab. Id say what the others did: launch in 4 hi with revs, and drop to 2wd after second gear. Or just drain your rear tires down to about 20 psi and you might be able to get traction in 2wd haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.