Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
221 - 240 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Decided to change the courtesy lights that came with my Amp power Steps because they were kinda crappy and one of them seems to have died. So I picked up a set of 60" led light strips and wired them in. More info in my build thread.

So the lights were from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXR799K/re ... UTF8&psc=1

I just cut the connectors off since I didn't need them and wired directly to the wiring for the original lights for the steps. These things are bright enough that you can see them lit up in the daytime!

·
Premium Member
2016 LTZ Midnight Edition
445 Posts
Damn, those are bright! :lol:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
So I decided to find some time to fix something that's been bothering me for some time now. I had a foggy headlight so I needed to seal it up. Pulled the truck onto ramps, and started to get to work.

Pulled the grill and then the "problematic" drivers side headlamp then went around the whole perimeter with black silicone.

For good measure I also pulled the passenger side headlamp and did the same. Now letting things cure before I drive the truck again, but it should be good to go.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Gavin, they are supposed to be brighter. I've been too busy to put them in, because I want to take a video when I do and try to capture the difference between the original and the new ones. But keep an eye on things, because I will get to it asap, and I'll try to text you some pics or a vid as well.

·
Premium Member
2016 LTZ Midnight Edition
445 Posts
shiny!
Vision care Sleeve Gesture Eyewear Collar

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,082 Posts
Did you have to pour a concrete pad?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Did you have to pour a concrete pad?
Jeff, I wouldn't say a pad but I did pour concrete. It came with a sleeve that to set into the ground, so I rented an auger and dug a 12" wide hole and put the sleeve into there, and then poured concrete around and let it set. Then just dropped in my flag pole and I was good to go!

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,322 Posts
Make sure you either have a light pointing at the flag or are taking it down every night.

221 - 240 of 270 Posts