Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
241 - 260 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,082 Posts
Jeff, I wouldn't say a pad but I did pour concrete. It came with a sleeve that to set into the ground, so I rented an auger and dug a 12" wide hole and put the sleeve into there, and then poured concrete around and let it set. Then just dropped in my flag pole and I was good to go!
I've long wanted to do a set of 3 flags....the American Flag, the Texas Flag, and a third flag expressing my "mood of the day," which more often these days is the Gadsden Flag. My wife has a huge American Flag colle tion of all vintages and materials.
Problem is for me if I dig about 8" down, I hit solid limestone, and I'm kinda screwed. I do have a big concrete slab on my property where a house used to be, and I'm thinking about anchoring a 1/2" steel plate to it with a welded tube for at least 1 flag.......

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
The other day I had to haul close to 4,000 cans and bottles to the redemption center for one of the local businesses that I frequent/part of. The scary thing is that there is at least the same amount of cans and bottles that need to be hauled to the redemption center this weekend so that will be another adventure in itself.

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
^^^^ that would have been a great pic for SilveradoSierra of the Month for November! Just sayin'... ;)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Just like a gif a few weeks ago, I helped out our friend by bringing back recyclables for him with the truck and trailer. This time there was over 6000 pieces, and they wouldn’t fit in the trailer alone so I needed the bed of the truck as well. Hard to believe it was so much weight that the truck looks like it squatted a little

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
That trucks to nice for a plow . Watch it those plows have Ben known to beat the crap out of the frames of the hds😎
The funny thing is, that I put the plow on and move it to another part of my property and it sits all winter, then I put it back on and move it back to storage. It moves about 50 feet a year. I only have it for emergency purposes. But at this point, I have my other Diesel plow truck and my tractor that I plow with, so this is just a paperweight.

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
It's not the plow that beats up a truck, it's the way the driver abuses it. I've had 5 1500 trucks with plows and have never damaged or broken anything. LOL

Reactions: Leveled17yeti

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
I used to plow with a buddy, small parking lots, an apartment complex or two, etc. We'd do a cross type thing in T shaped parking lots. He would push snow to the top of the T, and I would push it to the sides while he was backing up to make another run. His truck was a manual trans. He drove like a crazy man, would plow way too fast, and would have it in reverse, tires spinning backwards, while he was still moving forward. We were always fixing something on his truck. I never broke anything.

241 - 260 of 270 Posts