Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good place that can flash the BCM for OEM seat heaters and remote start add-on?

I've called around, and most of the one's I've talked to don't seem to understand what I'm asking them to do. Dewey Barber seemed the most competent (at least over the phone).

· Super Moderator, How-To Author, TOTM
5,109 Posts
Dealer can. Might cost more than a shop, but if you can't find a shop go to dealer and start enjoying the fruits of your labor. In a day or two you will have forgotten and gotten over spending the extra $ to go to dealer. If the dealer is questionable then go to another dealer. It is a pretty straight forward procedure and if the service writer is ignorant then again try another dealer. This is their wheelhouse. Well it should be I should say.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know it *should be* in their wheelhouse - but most wanted to argue that there wasn't a seat heater part available for my truck (2013 Silverado LT1 with the correct RPO codes - AZ3 without AN3 or AE7). Perhaps I just had really crappy service techs that didn't understand what I was asking them.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up going with Dewey Barber in Gardendale. They were friendly, helpful and relatively quick (it helped I had done my homework and had everything written down that I needed done by them and provided them directions from the kits). I didn't have an appointment, but was out of there after about 4-5 hours. This included having the BCM flashed and calling GM support regarding faulty directions with the seat heaters (they specify to splice into a ground wire, when this is not necessary). Slightly off-topic - heated cloth seats are AWESOME!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.