Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just wanted some opinions on whether or not I should black out the chrome on the grill and the bottom of the bumper, thats the only chrome on the truck except for the lug nuts and center caps of the rims, thought about getting some plasti-dip and just giving it a try. or if someone could photoshop it black for me just to give me an idea?
IMG_1850-Optimized.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Heres how mine turned out..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can anyone do a photochop for me?

·
Registered
360 Posts
^ I agree the black does make it look a little cheaper IMO. I think the color match would be pretty sweet though. I am no fan of chrome by all means but i think if you go the extra distance and color match you would be a lot happier

·
Registered
299 Posts

Heres mine. No chrome at all. Love the look.

·
Registered
2014 Silverado double cab 4WD, LTZ Z71
81 Posts
Nice "chrome removal" examples you guys posted. This topic had me concerned when shopping for the 2014 models. If you've seen some of the new 2014's the LT and LTZ without Z71 packages have WAAAAAYYY too much chrome on the front of the truck. Adding the Z71 package (as in my case) and you've blacked out just enough chrome to make the front end look good

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well I decided to go for it, I picked up some plasti dip at menards and tried it the night before last just been to busy to get any pics. I love the results, and I am now addicted to plasti dip lol this was my first experience using it!
and the rear bumper has been black for a while now it was color matched but I used black bed liner on it
what do you guys think?
and has anyone had any luck with taking the head light housing apart and painting the chrome black? if so how bad does it effect visibility?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.