Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
Possibly Ebay, or you can convert your gold to blue with Plastidip or paint.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking at these decals, but I don't want this to turn out looking "janky". Any thoughts on decals that are placed directly over the existing bow-tie?

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
It would look as janky as the person doing it. As mentioned above, vinyl coverings are used in many colors or styles. If you take the time to do it right, it will look very good. If you can use, windex, hair dryer(maybe), a credit card(squeege), and an xacto knife, you can place the vinyl over the bowtie, and it should look pretty good.

Or you can search for a real, authentic, blue bow-tie to put on.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
They make blue plastidip I see it in my homedepot

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
57 Posts
when I was deployed my wife ordered blue vinyl $10 and she has no skills for that kind of work. looked great everybody thought they were painted. lasted a year with car washes once a week and still worked until I wanted them painted. local shop wanted over $120 for both painted, went to wally world got paint about $5 and worked great. took off the front and taped the back to paint 30 mins later was good to go to a car wash. yup I tested it lol. lasted about 8 months still with car washes every week and no problems. and the vinyl's are still holding up on my trash cans outside and there exposed to harsh weather, rain etc, and still look good on there lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
McChevy said:
I would love to replace the gold bow-tie emblems (both grill and tail-gate) with the old Chevy blue emblems. Where can I find them... if I can?
Did you try LMC Truck Parts or possibly even Rock Auto? I would be curious if they are the same dimensions as the older ones? If so, I think it would look VERY cool.
My second choice would be to have vinyl stickers made. They should even be able to reproduce the iridescence of the old badges. It is not a solid color.
And lastly I would remove and paint the stock ones. I wanted mine black so I just used the spray to darken tail lights made by VHT for my front Bow Tie, and removed the rear one altogether.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Here is my carbon fiber front Bow Tie.
Been done for about a year or so, still looks new.
Go to autovinylsolutions and get some blue vinyl and put it on there.
It will look great and last a long time.
Get the 3M 1080 Vinyl. It is made to wrap cars.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I love autovinylsolutions
Got my black carbon fiber and brushed titanium from them for my interior wrap.
I'm going to get a sheet of gloss black and do my roof in the spring.
At least I hope my red truck looks cool with a black roof!
If not, I'll be peeling it off!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.