Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question about my truck...
I lowered my truck right after spindles in front , removed blocks and shackles rear.
Question is recently when I turn on uneven ground I hear a popping. I've had it to the dealership ( total waste of my time ) They said I need to replace passenger leaf spring and a body mount. But I hear the popping coming not only from rear but I feel it in steering wheel also.
I've read on some other forums saying body mounts may be issue but I'm unsure. Plus my extended warranty co. wont cover a "noise ".
Has anyone had similar issues?
Top it off now my stabilatrack/traction control flashes at me every now and then. Plan on calling to see if that's covered before I take it in so I don't waste my time on that...

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Make sure all the body mount bolts are tight. 70 lb ft.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did that also. I foumd 3 TBSs on body popping . One was a steering bushing and clamp up front another was leaf spring slap (bushings on ends of lower leaf spring"not that checked also ") last was isolators bushing on body mounts themselves. I have an appointment Wednesday at dealership to have all checked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.