Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im going to pick up my 2010 Silverado soon, I would like to give it a little lift, just trying to see what people think the best lift is.. I cant get to high, I still gotta put my 18 month old daughter in, so that's why I would like to stick with 3 inch lift. unless some one says its doable with a 6 inch suspension lift. pictures of ur 3 inch lift or 6 inch lift would be great!! thanks a lot guys, cant wait to join the full size truck party!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
You could just do a 2.5" kit. You are really starting to put your front suspension at steep angles once you go above that.

This is mine with 2.5" levelling kit:

BDS has a nice 4" kit which is in between, it corrects all your front end angles, however it comes at a cost of $1800. There's also the 3.5" RC, but it only corrects UCA and CV angles, not tie rod or LCA angles. I'd personally do a 2.5" levelling kit and 1" body lift before ever touching that lift.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, im looking to spend about 1000, or less the truck has 18 in rockstar XD rims, its looking like ill have to go with a body lift n leveling kit like u said, and maybe a suspension lift after. your truck looks good!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im looking for something that bolts up with little fabrication, or drilling as possible. so ill deff keep that lift in mind,

DmanJ. what do you mean by "pushed out"????

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that would be perfect!!!! i wanted that pushed out wheel look, any way to match the rear? i didnt think spacers went out that far? sorry for all the questions, i new to suspension modification and upgrading, so i appreciate all the help

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
its a total of 1.5" on each side...plus whatever rim you put on it....you can get a 1.5" spacer or 2 " wheel spacer. if you use a rim with a 00 offset or a negative one it will push the tires out away from the body as well. you can get the lift from jeeperz4wd for around 850. there isnt much cutting needed with this kit either but you can not return the truck back to stock the 3.5" kit can be returned to stock if you ever deisred to do so. also the 5" kit will leave your truck with the same factory rake they come with. so you can add a 2" leveling kit to give you a 5" front lift and sit dead level

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm. im wondering how hard it would be to put a kid in a truck lifted 5 inches (3.5 and a 2 in leveling kit) or a kid in a truck with a 7 inch lift. (5 inch with 2 inch level kit,) i know putting spaces on a car/truck puts added stress on those components so i would like to do it the correct way with the new nuckle, will i have to get after market half shafts for the front as well???

·
Registered
546 Posts
ive got two monkies (2 yr old and 4 yr old). i put a 2.5 RC on it and i can still reach the middle of the back seat from outside to grab my 2 yr old before he breaks lose and starts wondering around the truck. but i dont have steps on it cus i hate the look and my wife complains about how she has to climb up to get the kids out... with that said a 2.5 is only about $160ish and the cost of an alignment. i dont know what the 3 inch cost but i figure you will have to replace the front arms to go over a 2.5..$$

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Amnfoxtrot said:
hmm. im wondering how hard it would be to put a kid in a truck lifted 5 inches (3.5 and a 2 in leveling kit) or a kid in a truck with a 7 inch lift. (5 inch with 2 inch level kit,) i know putting spaces on a car/truck puts added stress on those components so i would like to do it the correct way with the new nuckle, will i have to get after market half shafts for the front as well???
no your cant run a 3.5 and the 2" kit together you will destory your suspension...you can do the 3.5" kit and a 1.5" body kit or as others have suggested a 2.5" level and a body lift ( probably your most cost efective bet) if you do the work yourself. the 5" kit is a full drop kit with new spindles, cross member drop brackets, and puts everything back in alignment from stock specs.

its a big difference between that and a 3.5" kit...the 5" kit since it puts everything back to stock geometry allows you to run an additional 2" level because of how it works...after adding the 5" kit, your suspension is back at stock geometry so adding the 2" level only puts as much stress on your front end parts as adding a 2" level on a stock truck.
Does that make sense?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lilmagoo1 said:
Amnfoxtrot said:
no your cant run a 3.5 and the 2" kit together you will destory your suspension...you can do the 3.5" kit and a 1.5" body kit or as others have suggested a 2.5" level and a body lift ( probably your most cost efective bet) if you do the work yourself. the 5" kit is a full drop kit with new spindles, cross member drop brackets, and puts everything back in alignment from stock specs.

its a big difference between that and a 3.5" kit...the 5" kit since it puts everything back to stock geometry allows you to run an additional 2" level because of how it works...after adding the 5" kit, your suspension is back at stock geometry so adding the 2" level only puts as much stress on your front end parts as adding a 2" level on a stock truck.
Does that make sense?
ok, that makes sense, sadly i had to read it a few times. as stated, im not known for modifying the suspension. im more of a engine modification kinda guy, i will be doing the work myself, (as long as it can be done in a weekend with a couple friends) looks like ill have to do some pricing out on some things! i really appreciate the indepth explaination.!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its looking like i will be going with the RC Lift..id love to get the BDS lift, but 1800 is kinda out of my range, and this way i can still put the leveling kit on down the rd, once my girl is big enough to buckle her self up, or she wants daddy to get a bigger truck. (shes a daddys girl)

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am going to do the 7.5" RC lift. I have CCM Front 3.0" Leveling Kit on right now and it has worked out perfect but wanna get more height.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.