Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Z71 LTZ crewcab with 143" wheelbase. I trying to decide between a Borla ATAK dual exit or a Magna Flow side exit. I want it to be a little louder but, don't want to wake the neighbors. I really don't want a lot of extra cab noise etc. Has anybody else installed a Borla ATAK cat back on a 5.3? I had a Magna Flow on my 2012 Z71 Sierra and it was ok, no drone etc. Just wasn't loud enough on the outside. Thanks for any input.

· Registered
276 Posts
I chose magnaflow XL series and quite frankly I am SUPER disappointed. it rusted after 8 months of use..(I live in Quebec but stil...)..soundwise, wasn't much of a difference.. I removed the resonator and did the "dump" but dealer nagged on me as the heat is melting the sensor atop the spare tire.. So ive been looking to replace my setup altogether... Corsa or Borla... straight pipe is tempting but Loud AF. without the resonator and the dump, I get a lot of cab drone.. especially with the magnaflow's lower tones...

· Registered
827 Posts
Check out some videos of the Corsa dB or Corsa Sport system, it's a unique sound and it's much louder than you think. Youtube a guy named Matt Earle, he has all kinds of mufflers with and without headers in a bunch of clips, I spend a lot of time watching his videos.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the Borla Atak. I'm in my mid 50's and I don't like my exhaust to loud. The Borla Atak catback exhaust is awesome! It is a little loud at cold start up. After it warms up it's just right. There is a little hum at 68 mph. You have to be listening for it to hear it. If your not thinking about it you won't. It was very easy to install and the instructions were spot on. The only thing that I didn't like was the price. At the same time, it's top quality stuff. In most cases you get what you pay for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.