Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$114.99 plus shipping right now. Factory direct only. Just picked up a sport for $129 shipped

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called them and spoke with Eric, I believe it was.
I bought the sport muffler, and had it installed Tuesday of last week. I removed the factory muffler, welded the new one one and a turn down on the back side of the exhaust. It took a week or so to break in and the sound to come out. It sounds a lot better than stock. Not, drag racing loud, but definitely noticeable on cold starts and between 1500-3500 rpms.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm at work for another 12 days. Sorry. But. I'll def upload one when I get home. And some pics too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont have the link. I called them and spoke to Eric, I believe it was.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes we have a muffler that was designed specifically for GM trucks and their 2.75" pipe diameter. We have it in two different options, the touring or the sport. The touring will be a slight improvement over stock with a lower tone. The sport will be the more aggressive of the two, but is by no means drag race loud. It has a nice low throaty tone to it and will be aggressive, but not overbearing. They can only be purchased direct through us and are on closeout pricing for $114.99, here are the two options:

Sport:
http://www.borla.com/products/muffler:_675_rd__x_2400_lon_part__19131347.html

Touring :
http://www.borla.com/products/muffler:_275_inout_775_x_part__19131346.html

Thank You

Eric Radford
Inside Sales Representative

Borla Performance Industries, Inc.
701 Arcturus Ave, Oxnard, CA 93033
Direct 805.246.6003
Fax 805.986.8940
[email protected]
I dug up the email, with links!!!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I sent them an e-mail and they said both the sport and touring have been discontinued, they still have some stock of the touring model. They also said that since it's a popular model they may bring it back in the future but for now the closest thing to it is the 3" version (p# 400436).

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 2013 5.3 and would like a freeing flowing exhaust.

Does the borla touring (muffler only swap) accomplish this?

Is the sport more free flowing than the touring or is the only difference sound?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
assassinz71 said:
I called them and spoke with Eric, I believe it was.
I bought the sport muffler, and had it installed Tuesday of last week. I removed the factory muffler, welded the new one one and a turn down on the back side of the exhaust. It took a week or so to break in and the sound to come out. It sounds a lot better than stock. Not, drag racing loud, but definitely noticeable on cold starts and between 1500-3500 rpms.
Can I ask how you dealt with the Borla being a center-in/center-out while the stock muffler is a center-in/offset-out and the difference in location the tail pipe has to hit to attach to the Borla? Thinking of getting one but that's the major stumbling block. Just don't see how to manage it without having the tail pipe take on a weird attitude.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.