Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the weekend I narrowed down an electrical draw to the "Radio" circuit. It's causing a 2.5A electrical draw when the vehicle is parked and off. It's a 2003 Tahoe (I know, it's not a Silverado or Sierra, but it's still GM and this forum is a lot more active than any other GM forums I've been on, so please don't flame me). Does anyone know if there were any common issues with the Bose systems back then that I could look at as being the culprit? I did a Google search for wiring diagrams and I came up with http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd but unfortunately the diagrams it pulls up aren't labeled for which radio system each diagram is for, so I'm kindof lost on that one. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To the best of my knowledge, the stereo and everything about the vehicle is 100% stock, as it came from the factory. The lady I bought it from at my work is not the type of person to mess with that kind of stuff. I'm sure there's a 12V constant to the radio for clock and station memory, but there's no way that should be pulling 2.5A. My guess is that it would be in the amplifier that came with the Bose system, but I'm not sure. I was just checking to see if anyone else had experienced this type of issue, and if so, what was the culprit.

The wiring diagrams I found on the website that I listed in my first post weren't very helpful to me because they aren't labeled "Standard sound system", "Bose sound system", etc. I don't know how many different options were available for stereos.

One other thing, before anyone asks, NO, there are no TV screens in the vehicle, so no rear entertainment. I'm not sure if that was an option, but if it was, this truck does not have it.

· Registered
51 Posts
I say the remote power off to the amp has failed keeping the amp on. Disconnect the amp fuse and see if the draw stops. In a 2015 Silverado the amp is on the rear wall of crew cab. Yours could be in a center console or a side panel in the rear cargo area.

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kssboat said:
I say the remote power off to the amp has failed keeping the amp on. Disconnect the amp fuse and see if the draw stops. In a 2015 Silverado the amp is on the rear wall of crew cab. Yours could be in a center console or a side panel in the rear cargo area.
I already did a draw check, that's how I narrowed it down to the stereo circuit. That's why I wish I had a wiring diagram for they Bose system

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.