Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
421 - 440 of 470 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
New headunit, speakers and some kilmat.
I need to get some of the door panel clips ordered so that I can reinstall the panels and none be loose/rattle.

Wiped down some of the suspension and sprayed it down with some AF50 and sprayed out the inside of the bedsides. All just in time for the little bit of snow we got the other day.
I also went ahead and replaced the battery, had to jump it twice in a week so I knew it wouldn't make it all winter.

I have also used the steam cleaner on the inside, impressed with the results for the quick work it made of the grime. I need to get a few pictures of "after" that I missed then I can post them up.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
The window deflector was coming loose so I was going to just pull it off.. nope.
Automotive side-view mirror Sky Wheel Car Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
Probably going to take them all off and get the in channel ones to try out.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
Pictures of the clean up. Used some All Purpose Cleaner (APC) specifically the LA totally awesome brand. The steamer used was the McCulloch MC1385.

Before drivers door
Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

After drivers door
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Vehicle door

driver door sill before
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Car

driver door sill after
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

pedal grime
Outerwear Shoe Automotive tire Azure Textile

console lid before
White Car Automotive design Vehicle Grey

when using the APC on crevices and even some very nasty surfaces I would agitate with a soft/medium bristle brush in addition to the steamer.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design

Console after
Car Automotive design Vehicle Trunk Motor vehicle

Also the three spots the dash is cracked.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,322 Posts
Damn that turned out awesome!
After I finish fixing up my interior I plan on taking it to someone to have it professionally detailed like this with a steam cleaner and such. Looks incredible.

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
Looks great!

FYI, if doing pics from an external link, you can do up to 20 in a post. Only 10 as attachments.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
If only I had the money to buy a hot water extractor for doing cloth seats and carpet it would be mint. I would want the mytee S300-H though and they run around $800.

Thanks gary, I usually use imgur but lately I have been getting an error when trying to upload from my phone.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #430 ·
SO many wires, and inputs and outputs and modules and cramming this into that and cutting holes for this and that.

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
We have one of those Bissel Green Machine cleaners. It works pretty darn well on cloth seats and carpet. Obviously not as good as a professional machine, but works well.

·
Registered
2017 Silverado single cab short bed 5.3
151 Posts
Hey Bradley, do you feel like this with your project? I just rewired my entire car a few months ago so I understand the daunting task at hand. My group has to take all of the wires in the picture below and move them to a new panel, times 5. I have bad dreams about wires. Good luck.
Circuit component Passive circuit component Urban design Line Engineering

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 ·
Well got the radio in and working other than the steering wheel controls which I bought the specific kit to retain factory SWC... going to have to call crutchfield and see what the deal is.

Not exaclty happy with the metra kit.. Its universal though and it worked.. Going to have to shim behind the radio to fit flush or adjust the ears on the kit or something.

I have a couple things left to button up, I did add a license plate camera and as expected it sort of sticks out like a sore thumb and the feedback isnt clear for some reason.

I did get the front door speakers in too and with the radio the all work well together and I can tell a difference. Still need to add the kilmat and install the new tweeters.

Later I will buy the rear doors to match and an amp specifically for the door speakers.

had my little helped on the console

Reactions: RedSLEd

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
Well I think the brake light switch went out again, I replaced it back several years ago.

If I pull up at work and park and don't cut off the cruise button then it wont work for me when I leave at the end of the day unless I crank up, turn it off, cut off truck and crank back up.

Looking for the part again and dang gm parts direct are making a killing on shipping. For sure ordering elsewhere.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Parallel

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
The time has come, have been having a clunk on takeoff and finally checked.. driver side Moyer mount.
All I hear is good things about the atomic poly mounts so got a set on the way. Might as well do both. Didn’t realize how much they have gone up though $385 now for a set!

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #438 ·
Aren’t they just as prone to breaking as the oems on these though? The solid rubber ones will still allow movement too, but at least they aren’t fluid filled. Most everything I read said anything from a parts store is garbage and some report after the first oem breaks they don’t tend to last. Most go with atomic fab or some other poly mount.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,322 Posts
No the solid rubber ones work pretty well. The fluid filled are weak.

but yeah poly are better. I just got the H3 ones to put in my girlfriend’s dad’s burb

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
Wish I had known before I bought, may would have tried them before spending what these cost. I guess at least I shouldn't have to worry about it anymore. Only problem is they are 2 weeks out and now that I know its broken I don't want to drive it much but have too. Worst case it will break manifold bolts and then I get headers I suppose

421 - 440 of 470 Posts