Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
461 - 470 of 470 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #461 ·
I forgot to get with the guy yesterday, maybe I can check it today. But yes its annoying. I haven't looked to see if the pully can be replaced or not or if I have to get a whole new compressor. I have a feeling I unfortunately know the answer.. because nothing can be easy lately.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
You going to delete the oil cooler? I would do that or just make AN lines and call it a day.
I kept thinking about making my own lines.. since I havent bought the replacement yet. Priced out what I needed to do stainless braid lines with -6AN fittings.. $250. I could buy 3 sets of oem for that, wow things have increased since I last bought hose and fitting of that kind.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you have replaced your trans lines the oil cooler ones will be about the same. I found it easier to drop the front diff for a little more space to finagle them through. And yes the price increase on everything is stupid.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
I need to check the trans ones to see if they are leaking or not. If I could get everything for a little less than double the cost and never have to replace again it would be worth it I think. but not at more than triple

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,322 Posts
I kept thinking about making my own lines.. since I havent bought the replacement yet. Priced out what I needed to do stainless braid lines with -6AN fittings.. $250. I could buy 3 sets of oem for that, wow things have increased since I last bought hose and fitting of that kind.
Don't do stainless braid just do the other hose. I can't find it but I'll post when I do

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,322 Posts
For some reason I can't find it but here is a picture of what I am talking about
Hood Automotive tire Tire Bumper Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
Ok I’ll look and see, I wasn’t thinking of doing it like that though, I was going to buy the fitting to go directly into the block and the cooler and do a complete line. This would probably be significantly cheaper since it’s less hose.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,322 Posts
I would have done it like that but I didn't have the fitting. Glad I didn't do it like that though since I delete the oil cooler on the Impala anyways

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #470 ·
No more CEL.. loosened the motor mount and pulled the knock sensor wiring out from under the bracket. Oh then I put it back together.. geez

crimped together with some butt connectors and put some heat shrink on it.

Reactions: davester3500
461 - 470 of 470 Posts